Flagstar Bank Connection Error

Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
I’m starting this post since my other post was closed and I couldn’t comment on it.  Her is the original post…

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1853/flagstar-bank-care-code-fdp-108

Flagstar Bank is still not connecting.
Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
Brand new to Simplifi in 2021.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2021
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

I'm not seeing any recent connection attempts for Flagstar Bank when viewing your account; would you mind clarifying what specifically you're seeing in Simplifi now when attempting to connect to Flagstar Bank?

Would you also mind attempting to connect in Simplifi once again so that I can see what's going on from my end? Thanks! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    @""Coach Natalie"

I just attempted adding to add this account...

And got this result...

When I visit Flagstar Bank's website, I don't find any assistance.  I have contacted Flagstar Bank support with no luck.

[edited image for privacy]
    Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for attempting to connect again and for confirming the issue!

I am seeing the same error on my end indicating that there's some form of user action required at the bank's website. When you sign in to Flagstar's website, do you see any form of messaging or prompts?

Otherwise, do you use a mobile app for Flagstar? If so, I would definitely suggest signing into their mobile app as well to see if the required action is there instead of on their website. If you don't see anything there, next, please try logging into their website from a different browser, as well as incognito mode, to see if the required action then pops up.

Please let me know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

I tried adding Flagstar again in Simplifi and it didn't work...again.  I've signed into Flagstar's website (laptop) and mobile app (iPad) and find no prompt being pushed out from there.  I've contacted Flagstar's support again and they insist it's something on your end...on the server.
    Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for checking those and posting back!

If you have not already done so, I do need you to specifically try signing into the bank's website from another browser (if possible), and/or in incognito mode, to see if you then receive the prompt. Another thing to try is to clear your cache and cookies on your regular browser and then sign into the bank's website again to see if anything pops up. 

Has anything recently changed with Flagstar's website and/or the sign-in process? Or is it possible that third-party access needs to be granted from the bank's end in order to connect in Simplifi? Also, is MFA required when signing into the bank's website? If so, are you prompted in Simplifi to complete MFA?

Please let me know, thank you! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hey again @Flopbot,

Actually, no need to try anything further -- sorry!

I did some digging and found that we opened a different kind of Ticket since the original one kept coming back as resolved, so the issue is still actively being worked on. I'm not seeing an ETA on a resolution as of yet, however, I have started watching the Ticket so that I'll be notified of updates, and can then let you know.

Sorry for the confusion and the run-around, but we are definitely working on getting this connection fixed for you, and I will personally keep a close eye on it! :blush:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-2618
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

We've heard back from our Team on the escalation, and it looks like your Flagstar account is in a "stuck" state. They'd like you to make this account manual by following the steps outlined here and then reconnect and link it by following the steps outlined here

Please let me know how it goes! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Flopbot,

Were you able to take a look at this by chance? :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    Hi @Coach Natalie

Thanks for working on this.  When I tried adding a new account in Chrome (Windows laptop), I got this error...

When I tried adding a new account in Chrome Incognito (same laptop), it returned this error...

Note that the two are different.  That's interesting.  Maybe that's important somehow?

I tried adding the account by clicking this button under Settings > Accounts (first screenshot) and from the Dashboard (second screenshot).

My account is currently set up as a Manual account.

[edited images for privacy]
    Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for trying and posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to connect the account. Thank you also for the screenshots!

Just to make sure that we're covering all bases, since you're getting a 103 error when not in incognito mode, please go ahead and try these steps to see if doing so resolves the error and allows you to connect:
    1. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Simplifi to ensure accuracy.

2. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.

3. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app-password when connecting to a third-party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.

4. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Simplifi.

Please let me know how it goes! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

I'm positive it's not #1 and #2.  I take a sort of pride in my password management and have tried multiple ways of filling the fields...including copying/pasting through notepad, filling directly through LastPass, hand-keying, etc.

I contacted Flagstar about #3 and they don't require an app specific password.

I changed my password for #4.

Both in regular Chrome and in Incognito, I continue to receive care code FDP-108.

I did find a menu item called "Authorized Apps" on Flagstar's website, but nothing shows up under there immediately after attempting to add Flagstar as an account in Simplifi.

Any other suggestions?

Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thank you for trying those steps and posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

I went ahead and reopened the Ticket for the 108 error and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this very soon! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-2618
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    @Coach Natalie

One additional bit of information for your team.  I contacted Flagstar and tracked down the place where this action would show up.  See Q&A below.

My Question: Nothing shows up under Profile and Settings > Authorized Apps after trying to add Flagstar to Simplifi by Quicken (from Simplifi's end). What trigger would make something show up here?

Flagstar's Answer: If nothing shows up under Profile and Settings > Authorized Apps that means there is nothing for you to do hear as your Quicken account should link to your Flagstar account without issue. I do understand that Simplifi by Quicken is a new app that Quicken offers. Unfortunately beyond providing trouble shooting assistance to link your Flagstar account to your Quicken software via QuickBooks (WebConnect) there is no additional troubleshooting we can provide. I do recommend reaching out to Quicken directly for additional assistance. I hope I have been able to thoroughly answer your inquiry today, if not please contact us back directly at the number listed below.

[edited image for privacy]
    Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you @Flopbot! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thank you for your continued patience as we work on this!

It looks like we've received an update from our Service Provider on this issue and apparently the account that you hold with Flagstar Bank is going to need to be connected under a new Flagstar option that will become available in Simplifi in the future.

Although I don't have an ETA on when we can expect to see the new Flagstar option listed in Simplifi, I can confirm that we are in the process of adding it, and it will be listed as "Flagstar Bank - New Login". With that being said, I'd definitely suggest regularly checking in Simplifi for the new option and attempting to connect your account as soon as you see it. 

Please let me know if you continue to experience any issues after that time! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wohoo!!!!! I look forward to using it!

Thank you @Coach Natalie for following up, great customer service!
    Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Flopbot,

Great news -- it looks like the new Flagstar Bank instance is now live in Simplifi! Please attempt to connect the account using the option listed as "Flagstar Bank - New Login" and let me know how it goes. 🤞

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

I just saw the "Flagstar Bank - New Login" appear!!!!  I added it, put in my U/P, did the 2 factor, and linked it to my existing Simplifi account.  Everything went perfectly until I got to the screen that prompts you to identify your recurring income.  I unselected my income and clicked the continue button.  Then, it popped up this odd error...

I had to scroll up and down in the little window to read the entire thing, but  when I clicked Try Again, it went away and took me back to my account.  However, when I looked at title for the account, I noticed this...

So, maybe it's set up?  I'm not sure where else to check short of waiting for a transaction to occur and see if it syncs. Any ideas?

If it doesn't sync, my next step would be to try again and this time leave the prompt for recurring income checked.  Maybe it didn't like that.
    Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Flopbot,

Yay -- it definitely looks like the account is connected! You can confirm by locating the account in Settings>Accounts and seeing if it's been removed from the 'Manual' section. Does the balance look correct? Did any manually entered transactions get matched to bank downloaded transactions or anything along those lines? :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18
    @Coach Natalie

It moved!!  It moved!!  It's no longer listed under the manual accounts, I'm so excited!!

Thank you so much for your help Natalie.

I intentionally had already uploaded any outstanding transactions before syncing the account so I can't check anything there.  However, I forgot I could check Settings>Accounts.  In three days, I have a transaction scheduled so I'll wait to see if it syncs automatically.

1 account down (CHECKING).  1 account to go (SAVINGS).  You'll see a post from me at some point!  :p
    Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    edited March 18
    Absolutely @Flopbot -- please keep me posted on transaction downloads! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.