Using the Refund Tracker to track Refunds

Options
Coach Blake
Coach Blake Administrator, Moderator admin
edited January 2022 in Managing Your Transactions
Plan your Black Friday shopping route  KRCG

It's that time of year, we all buy a million and one things that we have had our eye on all year or those special gifts for loved ones. That also means you might have a ton of things to return between now and January 1st, it can be really difficult to keep up with the refunds you are expecting from those purchases. Which makes this the perfect time to get good use out of our refund tracker! Tracking made easy! 
  1. Navigate to the "Reports" tab on the left side menu
  2. Then click on "Refund Tracker" at the top of the page
  3. Click "+Refund" on the top right
  4. Fill in the required information
  5. Click "Submit" and you're done!
For more information on tracking a refund on the web, click here!

If you are one of the many customer who prefers to use our Mobile app, here is how you can track those refunds:
  1. Click the menu icon (three lines in the upper left corner)
  2. Select "Reports"
  3. Select "Refund Tracker"
  4. Click "Track a Refund"
  5. Fill in the required information
  6. Click "Submit".
For more information on tracking a refund in our mobile app, click here!

Tell us how the Refund Tracker works for you!

Comments

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've used the refund tracker a few times.  It's been useful to keep track of all the Amazon refunds.

A few comments:
    1) When adding a refund, there is no place for TAGS.
    2) The future "transaction detail pop-up window" (currently available in early access) does not allow for MULTIPLE refund transactions against the original transaction.  Current transaction detail does allow for this.  I've attached a PDF showing this difference.  Would be nice to have a way of tracking multiple refund transactions for the same originating transaction.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hello @MrGood,

Thanks so much for the feedback!

For the first item, this is something that would be great to have an Idea post on so that other Users can add their votes, and our Product Team can review it. I'm not finding an existing one, so you're more than welcome to create a new one! 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community

In regards to linking a Transaction to multiple Refunds, upon researching this, it appears that the new Transaction Detail modal is correct and that this is designed to be a 1:1 scenario (1 Refund per 1 Transaction/Reminder). With that being said, if you're receiving a refund in multiple payments, I'd suggest creating separate Refunds in the Refund Tracker to properly track this.

If you'd like to see this behavior changed in Simplifi, you are more than welcome to create another Idea post outlining the specific changes that you'd like to see. Please remember to include just one feature request per Idea post! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Coach Blake, I very much like the idea of the refund tracker!  However, in practice, the need for it hasn’t arisen too often.  Maybe I just return less items than the normal person.

I believe there is a pretty simple tweak that would make this feature more useful to a wider audience while integrating it with the Savings Goals Faire in simplify.

Here’s the idea post I did…

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2331/add-refund-from-savings-goal-option-to-refund-tracker-edited#latest

[edited to fix tag]
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.