Downloads are suddenly changing transaction dates

SRC54
SRC54 Member ✭✭✭
This began 2 days ago following an update to Quicken.  Now downloads in both Quicken and Simplifi are overwriting the entered date of a transaction with the posted date.  For example, my bank generally takes 2 days to clear a debit transaction.  I enter it on the 8th and it posts late on the 9th and I download it on the 10th.  Before it would stay with my date of the 8th.  Now it's the 9th.  So far I can tell that Chase and First US Bank are doing this, and probably all, but that is unknown since I had no transactions from other banks since except Savings interest and since that came through on the same day, I cannot tell.  

This is not happening with Yodlee as I have another program that uses that, and it downloads correctly.

Yes, I have 3 currently: Quicken, Simplifi and MoneyWiz.  I formerly used Buxfer, Mint, Microsoft Money.  It's kind of a hobby of mine.

Are any of you seeing this behavior too in Simplifi or Quicken?
Steve
Simplifi since 2021
Microsoft Money/Quicken since 1991/2009

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @SRC54,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in both Simplifi and Quicken.

Upon researching this a bit further, it looks like this behavior is by design in Simplifi. Our Product Team explained that when a transaction downloads from the bank, the bank date persists in Simplifi. However, we are looking at adding an option for Users to change this preference in the near future.

It looks like we also have an Idea post requesting something like this: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1788/display-transactions-by-transaction-date-rather-than-posted-date-edited/p1?new=1

As for Quicken, I actually noticed this myself this morning but didn't think much of it. I've taken some screenshots of my transactions today and will see what happens once they clear to see if it's something that I can report. However, I would suggest that you also contact Quicken Support directly to report this behavior. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply!  Yes, I got this update today from the Simplifi Bot:  "Hello there! We have investigated this and for now, this is the expected behavior of the app, we are we working to offer you different options whenever a transaction is updated, but we do not have an ETA on that feature yet."

I would have sworn it was not doing this earlier this week, but maybe I just didn't notice. I will just change the dates once they download.  I do hope they provide a mechanism so we can keep what we enter.  

I am aware that Simplifi's ethos is to do things simply and I suspect that most users download transactions and clean them up rather than entering them as they incur.  (I'm retired so I do this as I incur them.  In my career days, I did a bit of both.). I am trying not to ask for everything to turn it into a new Quicken.

I like Simplifi though it has some interesting quirks upon which I shall comment in another post soon.
    Steve
    Simplifi since 2021

• emmoswmr
    emmoswmr Member
    Just wanted to bump this post as I noticed it this week as well (playing catch up for several weeks because vacations/holidays). I primarily use a couple of Chase credit cards for daily spending. When they download to Simplifi as pending, they've got the correct date, but once they clear, the date changes to the cleared date. I had to redate several transactions this morning from the 30th/31st that did not clear until today. This isn't a huge deal during the middle of the month, but at the end of the month, when I'm trying to close out the prior month, having to redate several transactions to reflect the actual purchase date is unhelpful.

I've been using Simplifi for exactly a year - this just changed in the last couple weeks.
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you.  I started using Simplifi on Nov 22.  I swear this worked correctly the first week but changed in December. Simplifi Support told me that changing to cleared date is expected behavior.  Hmm.  Coincidentally Quicken started doing the same thing at same time but is now fixed.  I still suspect Quicken's changes in Quicken Connect starting with version 6.4 did this.  Thanks for your input.
    Steve
    Simplifi since 2021

This discussion has been closed.