Need to see "view only" schwab accounts

CShek
CShek Member
Your system connects to my Schwab account via Schwab Alliance but I can only see my brokerage accounts, not a "view only" account that I must track. This needs to be fixed bh Quicken and Simplify. I can see it on my Mint.com page, so the problem is with Quicken and Simplify not Schwab

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @CShek,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to connect one of your Charles Schwab accounts in Simplifi.

To clarify the issue, what specifically occurs when attempting to add the account in Simplifi? Also, what is the account classified as with Charles Schwab directly, i.e. Checking, Brokerage, etc.?

Have you attempted to add the account using any of the additional Charles Schwab options displayed in Simplifi, by chance (it looks like there's 9 options in total)? 

I would also suggest taking a look at the information outlined here to see if the account in question is eligible to be connected in Simplifi. If the account belongs to another account holder, but they've given you access to view it, you will not be able to connect it in Simplifi. 

Additionally, you'll want to contact Quicken Support directly for any issues with Quicken: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • CShek
    CShek Member
    edited December 2021
    For some reason simplify and quicken will not show a "read only" account with Schwab. Very frustrating.
  • CShek
    CShek Member
    edited December 2021
    Coach Natalie, you wrote "If the account belongs to another account holder, but they've given you access to view it, you will not be able to connect it in Simplifi. " Why have that rule when I am beneficiary of account and the access i am trying to share with Simplify/Quicken is restricted to view only and allowed as view only? [removed] connects with it... Your system should too. I am owner of viewing rights
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @CShek,

Thanks for posting back!

Unfortunately, I'm not sure why Charles Schwab decided to implement these changes. As far as I'm aware, the restrictions on adding view-only accounts were just recently added when the changes to how we connect to Charles Schwab were rolled out.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2358/resolved-10-29-21-changes-to-charles-schwab

You may consider contacting Charles Schwab directly to see if they have any further insight. Sorry I don't have a better answer!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.