Categories and Subcategories

Adi
Adi Member
edited January 25 in Using the Spending Plan
Is there a way to create subcategories and have them displayed as a spending plan under categories? I'm new to the app and I like the visuals but I can't find anything on this topic. 

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Adi,

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the Community, and welcome to Simplifi!

You can definitely create Subcategories in Simplifi and have the transactions that have been categorized using them included in your Spending Plan. For more details on creating Categories and Subcategories in Simplifi, please see here, and for more details on using the Spending Plan, please see here

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any additional questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @Adi

This is definitely possible.  @Coach Natalie has the instructions you need.  Just to show you visually that it’s possible, here’s how I have my food/grocery category set up in the Spending Plan…

And here’s how I have my categories set up…

Note that the Planned Spending (first screenshot) is set to the “parent level”, but ALL my transactions get set to the “subcategory level”.

[edited images to reduce size]
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    Brand new to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.