FDP-189 error with Chime and MoneyLion (edited)

Having issues setting up my chime and money lion account to simplifi. Returns error code FDP-189. How can I fix this?

[corrected error code]

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @mhill838,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Chime and MoneyLion in Simplifi.

It looks like you're actually receiving a 103 error for Chime, which is an invalid credentials error. With that being said, you'll want to follow the steps outlined here for a 103 error, which are:
    1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URL's shown for each bank.

2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Simplifi to ensure accuracy.

3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.

4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app-password when connecting to a third-party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.

5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Simplifi.

In regards to MoneyLion, it looks like the scripting for this financial institution may not be complete, which is the cause of the 189 error. I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update.

Please let me know how it goes with Chime! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9089825
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @mhill838,

Thank you for your patience as the issue with MoneyLion was being researched!

We've heard back from our Service Provider on this, and it looks like the scripting for MoneyLion's new website is still in the process of being developed. As of right now, we don't have an ETA to provide, however, I have been informed that this will take some time to go live.

It looks like we will also be disabling MoneyLion in Simplifi (and Quicken) in the meantime, so as to avoid confusion. For now, you may consider tracking the account manually.

Please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.