Filter Transactions by Month

Sam B.
Sam B. Member
I'd really like to be able to filter my transactions by month. 

At the end of each month, I review my spending. I like to look at my large expenses and large categories. I recognize I can do that by exporting to excel but it would be nice to be able to do that directly within the tool. 

Today, you can only sort by date, category and amount. It doesn't allow you to filter. 

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Sam B.,

Thanks for posting your feedback to the Community!

To clarify, are you referring to filtering your register, or to sorting it? If the former, it looks like we have an existing Idea post requesting the addition of a Date Range Filter that sounds like it may meet your needs: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/359/need-a-select-all-transaction-and-or-date-range-filter#latest

If so, I would definitely suggest adding your vote and feedback!

However, if you're referring to sorting the register, would you mind providing a bit more detail as to what you're looking to do exactly? The register can currently be sorted by a lot of the available columns (Date, Status, Payee, Category & Amount), however, there is no column for 'month' and I'm not sure how adding one would work.

With that being said, I would suggest sorting your register by Date so that your transactions will be grouped by month, and then you can expand/collapse entire months as needed, to see if this ability/view meets your needs. 

More details on filtering and sorting account registers in Simplifi can be viewed here. Please let me know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.