Spending Plan Not Working

leinhto
leinhto Member
edited February 3 in Using the Spending Plan
Why don't my Bills, Subscriptions and Saving Goals show up under my Spending Plan?

They are in their respective sections but they are not showing under the Spending Plan.

This is on mobile and desktop.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2021
    Hello @leinhto,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're missing items in your Spending Plan.

Would you mind clarifying the issue a bit, please? Are you referring to Recurring Series' and Savings Goals that you've set up that are not showing in the Spending Plan at all, or are you referring to individual transactions/contributions not being included? Or are you referring to the "totals" for these sections specifically, not the individual items?

Please let me know so I can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • leinhto
    leinhto Member
    edited December 2021
    Here is a screenshot. The Bills, Subscriptions and Savings Goals should not be zero. I have at least one entry in each.

[edited image to reduce size]
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @leinhto,

Thanks for clarifying!

If you have not already done so and are able to, I would suggest accessing the Simplifi Web App from a PC (not a mobile browser) to see if the issue is presented there as well. If you don't have access to a PC, you'll want to try on your mobile browser in incognito mode, as well as in desktop mode, to determine if the Web App is truly being impacted.

Also, do you have screenshots of the Bill(s), Subscription(s), and Savings Goal(s) that should be showing in the Spending Plan, by chance? Or at least an example of each, showing that the next occurrence for the Bills and Subscriptions is in December? And do you see Reminders for the Bills and Subscriptions displayed in the Upcoming section for the month of December?

Alternatively, for real-time assistance, you may consider contacting Support directly, as they have the ability to engage in a screen sharing session with you to get a better idea of what's going on. 

http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Otherwise, I will look for your reply! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • I am having the same issue! I was told that this was current being worked on - is that true?
  • leinhto
    leinhto Member
    I finally figured out what was happening with Supports help. It has to do with whether your bank balance takes into consideration your pending transactions already and so you have to tell Simplifi not to recalculate Pending transactions.

But even after that the pending transactions still do some funky stuff in the Spending Plan that still makes the numbers unreliable.

See this thread (https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2642/double-counting-of-bill#latest)
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jgleas13,

Thanks for posting to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing an issue with the Spending Plan.

To clarify, are you seeing an issue with your transactions not being included/updated in the Spending Plan, or, as discussed in this thread, are you specifically seeing an issue with your Bills, Subscriptions, and Savings Goals being empty and showing $0?

If the former, then yes, we do have a known issue with the Spending Plan not updating to include current transactions. A Community Alert has been created that can be followed here for updates: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2655/new-01-03-22-issues-with-the-spending-plan-not-updating/p1?new=1

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.