Cannot add Merrill Edge or Etrade accounts

Spence
Spence Member
I am setting up Simplifi for the first time and I cannot add Merrill Edge or Etrade accounts. The Merrill Edge gives me an FDP-106 which seems to suggest my Merrill account has been connected before but I just opened my Simplifi account. Etrade gives me an FDP-107. I have checked that I can get into both accounts sites individually with the credentials provided.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Spence,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to both Merrill Edge and E*Trade in Simplifi.

For the 106 error with Merrill Edge, I was able to confirm this from my end and went ahead and got it reported. I will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update on the Ticket.

For the 107 error with E*Trade, this error indicates that the wrong option for the financial institution is being selected from the bank list. With E*Trade specifically, we suggest using the option listed as "Quicken E*TRADE":

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3269
  • Spence
    Spence Member
    Hi @Coach Natalie

The Etrade fix above worked. 

Still having issues with Merrill Edge.

thanks, 

Spence
  • Coach Natalie
    Glad to hear that you were able to get E*Trade connected, @Spence!

For the issue with Merrill Edge, I will be sure to let you know as soon as I receive an update on the escalation. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Spence
    Spence Member
    @Coach Natalie any updates on this?
  • Coach Natalie
    No update as of yet @Spence, but I will be sure to let you know as soon as I see one. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Spence,

Thank you for your continued patience!

Sadly, it looks like the 106 errors with Merrill Edge have become a widespread issue. With that being said, would you mind attempting to reconnect/re-add your Merrill Edge account(s) using the option listed as "Merrill Lynch Online Payment" in Simplifi? We've seen success with this option, so fingers crossed!

Please let me know how it goes! 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Spence,

Were you able to give this a try, by chance? Please let us know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Spence
    Spence Member
    Hi @Coach Natalie, I have tried the ‘Merrill Lynch Online Payment’ and it did successfully link my Merrill Edge Account! Thanks for the help. 

Is there a account type in Simplifi for “cash management account”? Basically an account with both cash and stock in it? I’d like to be able capture the activity in account and not just treat it as brokerage account.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file