Optum Bank missing investments

MayRoll
MayRoll Member
edited February 10 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Only the HSA cash balance is shown. It would be nice to see the accounts investments. Or at the very least the total account balance.

Thanks for your help.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @MayRoll,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community regarding this issue.

To clarify, does your HSA account with Optum Financial include investment holdings, or do you have a separate account with Optum that's an investment account? If the former, I'm not aware of HSA accounts containing investment holdings (I could be mistaken!), and we also can't guarantee holdings information in Simplifi, sadly, however, we definitely want to make sure that you're seeing a correct balance, and that the account contains accurate information. What is the account classified as in Simplifi (i.e. Checking, Brokerage, etc.)? 

If you're referring to a separate investment account held with Optum, unfortunately, this is something that may not be available to connect in Simplifi. As far as I'm aware, Optum Bank accounts specifically are unable to be connected/added in Simplifi (please see our Alert here), and Optum Financial is the only 'Optum' option that is currently supported, which would include HSA accounts. 

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • MayRoll
    MayRoll Member
    edited January 5
    Yes, health savings accounts (HSA) can hold investments. However, the problem seems to have been solved. So, a similar service offered by Fidelity called Full View was able to extract the accounts cash balance and investment holdings. All through optumbank.com. I figured Simplifi could do the same. With Simplifi, I've been able to extract the cash balance through optumbank.com (categorized, Savings) and the accounts investment holdings through optumhealthfinancial.com (categorized, Brokerage). However, even though the investment total is correct the individual investment is unknown.

Thanks.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @MayRoll,

I'm glad to hear that you got it figured out and were able to get everything added to Simplifi!

To clarify, are you still seeing an issue with the investment (Brokerage) account? If so, would you mind describing it a bit further and/or providing a screenshot so I can get a better idea of what's going on?

Thank you! 

-Coach Natalie
  • The investment portfolio under this account (obtained through optumhealthfinancial.com) shows the field "Name" as Mutual Fund and the correct "Value". All other fields are blank.

Thanks.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @MayRoll,

Thanks for posting back!

To confirm, you're just not seeing 'Day Change' numbers, correct? Or is something else missing/inaccurate? Is the balance on the account correct?

If you're seeing inaccurate data, do you have a screenshot that you can provide, by chance? :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.