American Express transactions are all named the same thing

jodom1979
jodom1979 Member
edited January 4 in Troubleshooting
When simplifimoney.com downloads the transactions from American Express, it names them all 'Tiffany' on import. The transaction name appears to be preserved, but for some reason it renames it. There are no rules setup to rename the transactions. If I remove the account and re-add, it does the same thing. Anyway around this? My other accounts do not have the same problem. 

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @jodom1979,

Thank you for posting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing trouble with your American Express transactions being renamed in Simplifi.

Sadly, it seems that we've been seeing this particular issue pop up with American Express more frequently, and it appears that the transactions are being renamed to the account holder's name in most instances.

With that being said, I'd like to go ahead and get this escalated to our Team, but I do need to gather a bit more information from you first. Please provide me with the name of the account in question, as it appears in Simplifi. Please also provide me with a few example transactions that this is occurring with, with the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as the "Appears on your statement as info..." for each of the examples.

If you have a screenshot of the transactions in Simplifi (including the "Appears on your statement as info..."), as well as a screenshot of the transactions displayed at American Express's website, those would be great to have as well. 

Please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • I am having the same issue, everything is listed as Clark Oil. The name of my account is Casey. Attaching a screen shot of the transactions on simplifi, a screenshot of the appears on statement as and a screenshot from the American express website with the actual transaction.  
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Clark796,

Thank you for reporting this, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also seeing this issue in Simplifi.

I have everything that I need to get this reported, however, I'm not seeing an account called "Casey" when viewing the accounts that you currently have in Simplifi. Would you mind providing me with the full name of the account in question, as it appears in Simplifi?

Much appreciated! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark796
    Clark796 Member
    edited January 14
    Hi Natalie! Sorry about that the full name on the account is [removed -privacy]
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 14
    Hello @Clark796,

Thanks for posting back!

I'm still not seeing any accounts called "[removed - privacy]" in your Simplifi dataset. I'm seeing an Investments and an HSA account that includes "[removed - privacy]" as part of the account name, however, it looks like neither of those accounts belongs to American Express.

To clarify, I need to know the name of the American Express account in question, as it appears in Simplifi. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Oh sorry! It’s labeled platinum card 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Clark796,

Found it, thank you!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will let you know as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3332

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file