Create savings goal in the past?

itzsaga
itzsaga Member
edited February 4 in Savings Goals
I started using Simplifi already having a savings account for emergencies. However, I hadn't created a Savings Goal for it to mirror in the application. At the end of December I had a positive "left at end of month" value. However, there is no way to create a savings goal that I can see in December 2021 to contribute this to an emergency fund goal. It would be great if you could create a Savings Goal at least 1 month in the past and assign some extra $$$ to it. Or is there a way to do that now? Can anything be done with the "left at end of month" money in the application?

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @itzsaga,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

To clarify, are you referring to the 'left to spend' (aka "available") amount that's displayed in the Spending Plan? If so, unfortunately, there is no way to contribute this to a Savings Goal. Although you can elect to have your Savings Goals contributions deducted from your Spending Plan, these are two entirely separate features, and the "available" amount in the Spending Plan just tells you what's left over after everything that's been budgeted and any additional expenses made throughout the month.

With that being said, you can, however, make a manual contribution to your Savings Goal(s) for the amount that's leftover in your Spending Plan each month.

In regards to setting up a Savings Goal in the past, have you looked at creating a Savings Goal and then telling Simplifi how much you already have saved, by chance? It sounds like this option may be what you're looking for. 

Please be sure to also check out our Support Article here for more details on using Savings Goals in Simplifi, and our Support Article here for more details on using the Simplifi Spending Plan.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.