Why does the "Upcoming Transactions" only show past transaction and not future?

barjohn
barjohn Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Using the Dashboard
This item is pretty worthless and just occupies screen space if it isn't showing true upcoming transactions.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @barjohn,

Thanks for the feedback!

It appears that this is by design. With that being said, are all of the items displayed in this card actually past due? Also, have you tried clicking the arrow in the upper right to scroll to the next card(s) to see more of your Reminders, by chance?

If you'd like to see some changes made to this area of the program, such as 'Past Due' Reminders not being included in this section of the Dashboard, I would suggest creating an Idea post outlining your request so that other Users can add their votes and our Product Team can review it. :smile:

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community

-Coach Natalie
  • barjohn
    barjohn Member ✭✭
    None of these is past due.  All are on automatic payment via credit cards and paid.  It is only if I select all that I can see future items.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @barjohn,

Gotcha!

So the Reminders displayed on the tile don't actually exist anywhere else in Simplifi, correct? I'm wondering if this is due to the fact that 'Past Due' Reminders will only display in the Upcoming section, as well as in the Transaction View, for a few weeks before you won't see them in those locations anymore (please see here).

Although, as far as I'm aware, once a new instance occurs, the old 'Past Due' instance would be automatically removed, so it seems odd that you'd be seeing Reminders from September. Have you had new instances occur for these particular Series' since September? 

I'm happy to discuss this a bit further with my Team once those additional details are confirmed, however, you may also consider going ahead and just deleting those 'Past Due' Reminders from the Upcoming tile on the Dashboard since they're technically no longer valid. You can do so by selecting the three dots to the upper right of each Reminder, and then selecting "Delete reminder."

Hopefully doing so will help to at least get this card cleaned up and usable for you. Please let me know how it goes! :smile:  

-Coach Natalie
  • barjohn
    barjohn Member ✭✭
    This is clearly a bug.  Virtually all of these are on auto pay via a credit card or a check from my bank's bill pay.  I am including a screen shot after selecting all to display.  I tried to see if I could link but it doesn't give me a selection that would match.  Also, the cash flow screen is meaningless.  For me, cash flow is the cash I withdraw from our investment accounts to cover our shortfall between our expenses and our fixed retirement income sources.  I want to see a projection of how much I will need to withdraw for each month.  This diagram doesn't do it for me.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 2022
    Hello @barjohn,

Thanks for posting back and providing additional screenshots!

It looks like the issue is not with the Upcoming tile on the Dashboard specifically, but is with your Reminders in general. With that being said, although the items in question are on auto-pay, are you certain that the transactions in Simplifi were properly linked to the associated Reminder at the time that they occurred?

Also, please check under Settings>Recurring to see if you potentially have any duplicate Series setup. I'm seeing multiple 'Past Due' Reminders displayed in the screenshots that you sent above that have a duplicate Reminder in another month, but it seems that some fall on a different date, or there are multiples within the same month (such as Sarasota Yacht Club), so we'll first want to be sure that you don't have any duplicate Recurring Series setup for these items. 

Additionally, since only one 'Past Due' Reminder can exist for a single Recurring Series at a time, we're going to want to check the actual details of each individual Series to determine if multiple 'Past Due' Reminders are displayed here. This is available by clicking on the Recurring Series from the Settings>Recurring section, and then viewing the 'Coming Up' area of the card: 

Screenshots of your findings would be wonderful to have -- thank you! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • barjohn
    barjohn Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, I deleted all of the past due notices after your prior comment.  I am having a problem still with the Sarasota Yacht club.  There are 2 components to its bill, a monthly dues and then all over which includes, dinning, drinks, special events, etc.  The only part of the bill that is consistent is the monthly dues so I split the transaction.  How do I handle this for upcoming?
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 2022
    Hello @barjohn,

No worries on deleting the Reminders! I'd definitely suggest still going through and making sure that you don't have any duplicate Recurring Series setup, as well as make sure that your transactions are being properly linked to the associated Reminders at the time that they occur moving forward. Please keep an eye on things and let me know if you see any other issues pop up with this!

For the Sarasota Yacht Club -- I have a situation as well where I split a single transaction into two different Categories for two different bills. For the Recurring Series portion, I've just created one item for it so that I can easily link the Reminder to the single transaction, while also still being able to track the individual portion towards the individual Bills. 

This method forces me to split the transaction again after linking the Reminder to it (since linking to the Reminder will default to the Category used for the Recurring Series), but I am ultimately able to get the transaction linked, as well as split accordingly.

Hopefully this helps you! I would also suggest taking a look at and adding your vote to the following Idea posts:

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/98/using-splits-multiple-categories-in-recurring-transactions/p1?new=1

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1542/link-part-of-split-transaction-to-recurring-bill/p1?new=1

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • barjohn
    barjohn Member ✭✭
    Thank you!  I added my vote to the two links you included.
This discussion has been closed.