Ability to Link a Refund to Multiple Transactions (edited)

Options
ejr
ejr Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Feature Requests

I get refunds that are single amounts covering multiple transactions, it would be nice to split the refund or be able to apply multiple transactions to a single refund.

18 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• sneed424
    Options
    agree with this. Oftentimes, I have a transaction that I split returns, for example I might purchase a bunch of items from Amazon etc and have multiple different returns. Either allow attach multiple refunds to one transaction or allow splitting a transaction and allow associating a return for each split item.
  • sneed424
    Options
    agree with this. Oftentimes, I have a transaction that I split returns, for example I might purchase a bunch of items from Amazon etc and have multiple different returns. Either allow attach multiple refunds to one transaction or allow splitting a transaction and allow associating a return for each split item.
  • Kala
    Kala Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I have multiple transactions throughout the month that I then get reimbursed from my company as a single lump payment. When I split the payment, I can't use those split line items to mark the individual refunds. The split functionality doesn't truly split a transaction into a separate transaction. [removed] does have this functionality.
  • MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I commented on this before to the support team.  [removed - inaccurate] (where instead of a new modal the old one would allow you to look at transaction details within the transaction register itself).

This is particularly useful for bigger Amazon purchases where you may return things over different days and thus Amazon refunds the money as different transactions.
  • AaronS73
    Options

Yes. There is a HUGE need for this. Employers reimburse multiple expenses on a single check.

When a deposit comes in, I don't mind manually splitting the total in to the individual items. But Simplifi needs to let me select each line as a refund individually.

• KDC1996
    KDC1996 Member ✭✭
    Options

Literally just wrote up a huge comment, and when I went to post, it went away… wtf.

Summary, I need two $50 refunds on a $150 purchase…. We need something to be able to do this

• KDC1996
    KDC1996 Member ✭✭
    Options

I just had an issue where I purchased a $150 gift, to be split between myself and my two siblings. I will receive $50 venmos from each of them.

The way the current system works, I don't know how to do this! I cannot link the two separate $50 transactions to the refund and they don't give me the ability to either

1. merge the two +$50 transactions into one +$100 transaction

or

2. Split the $150 transaction to be able to individually link the $50 refunds to each.

This is going to now show that I spent $150 myself and show the +$100 as income - I don't like that.

My bandage solution will be creating a manual +$100 transaction as both their payments and exclude the individual $50 payments from any reports, but I don't like this either since it will show as a duplicate still…

There are multiple posts here that could fix this (in terms of splitting transactions), but something really should be done to make it proper.

• rmo2359745
    Options

Agree this is a HUGE limitation. Employers reimburse multiple expenses in a single payment. Please add this functionality

• amlg5212
    Options

Chiming in. I just started using Simplifi, and while it's been pretty smooth, things like this are frustrating. The core functionality already exists, just allow split/multiple returns!

• handmadeaj
    Options

+1 - I am reimbursed by my employer monthly for MULTIPLE transactions! i was counting on being able to utilize the refund tracker to keep up with all of this, but it's looking like that's not going to be possible and I am panicking! Can we get a response from the dev team so we know if it's even going to be on the roadmap???

• smucav
    smucav Member
    edited February 12
    Options

Currently Simplifi does not support linking multiple transactions (money going out) with a single (or split) refund transactions (money coming in). For example, I had four separate transactions on three different dates that were reimbursed with a single payment from my FSA. Even though I split that payment into four transactions and categorized each appropriately, I was unable to link the individual refund transactions with the original transactions. (I could only link one for the entire amount of the reimbursement and then the others disappeared from the list.) So either I must delete the refund reminders from my bills & payments which defeats the purpose of using it in the first place or the refund reminders remain perpetually in the bills & payments sections as if the refund was never received (even though it has been) which is not useful either.

• ScribblyAnn
    Options

Would appreciate this feature. I'm going to receive a refund from health insurance for 4 transactions that took place in 4 different months. Instead I'll have to go in and add some random manual positive transactions in the Doctor category so that my spending plan/reports can show expenses accurately…