Credit Transactions showing as positive

Arimer
Arimer Member
Seems just recently that my M1 credit card transactions have finally started syncing across but all the transactions come across as a positive transaction.  i get what its doing saying its adding to the balance of the card but it's throwing off my spending plan by showing I'm getting more availability per category instead of deducting.  Is there a way to correct this or is there a workaround?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Arimer,

Thanks for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an issue with your M1 transactions in Simplifi.

To confirm, credit card charges for the account in question are showing in Simplifi as a positive number, correct? Is the balance on the account correct, or is it also a reversed number? Do you by chance have a screenshot of what you're seeing so I can take a closer look? 

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Arimer
    Arimer Member
    edited January 11
    Yes the accounts balance is correct but it throws off the spending plan.

The first picture is how it shows up in the spending plan.  All Transactions show positive so the spending plan thinks it is getting extra money to spend.  The second picture is the transaction window under the card itself which just shows that it's showing transactions as positive.   It appears to treat transactions as adding to the balance of the card which is correct but it doesn't mesh with the other parts of simplifi. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Arimer,

Thank you for confirming the issue and for providing screenshots!

Aside from how this is impacting your Spending Plan, your transactions should definitely not be downloading this way. Credit card charges should show as a negative number, and making a payment to the credit card should show as a positive number, so it definitely looks like you're seeing a reverse register in Simplifi for this account, unfortunately. 

Please provide me with the name of the account in question as it appears in Simplifi, and I would be happy to get this reported to my Team. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Arimer
    Arimer Member
    edited January 11
    Ok the Institution is M1 Finance and the account name is now M1 Credit which i changed it to as it defaulted to my full name.   When I checked it to get this it not appears that some transactions are showing correct and some are showing as a positive transactions still.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Arimer,

Thank you for confirming the account!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9138403
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 12
    Hello @Arimer,

Thanks for your patience as this was being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team that this issue should now be resolved. The fix won't apply to past transactions, unfortunately, so if the account is brand new, you can always just delete and re-add it. Otherwise, you may have to edit the already downloaded transactions to correct the amounts, and then new transactions should automatically download correctly.

Please let me know if you have any questions or continue to see any issues with this. Please be sure to also let me know if the issue is indeed resolved! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Arimer,

Were you able to take a look at this, by chance? Please be sure to let me know if you're still seeing an issue with this!

-Coach Natalie
  • The fixed worked.  Had to delete a few duplicate items but after that everything has been smooth.
  • Coach Natalie
    Glad to hear it @Arimer! :blush:
This discussion has been closed.