American Express Monthly Statement Payments

Clark796
Clark796 Member
Hi!

I have american express linked but it doesnt seem to pull in my expected payment. For example my statement payment is due on 1/23. I would want to see that represented in my bills and project cash flow for my bank and american express card but it doesnt seem to pull in. Is there a way to update the account so it uses my statement balance to inform payment dates and the deduction from my checking account?

Thanks,

Casey
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Clark796,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

To clarify, do you have the account connected to American Express in Simplifi for transaction download, or do you have the Recurring Bill for the American Express account connected to the Biller using Bill Connect?

If the former, it sounds like you'll also want to create a Recurring Series for the credit card bill in question (if you have not already), and then link the Series to the Biller so you'll receive updated Due Dates and Amounts when a bill becomes available. This service is in addition to having the account connected to the bank for transaction download. 

More details on using Bill Connect in Simplifi can be found here. Please let me know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Thanks Natalie, this makes sense. Will the biller series be able to update the checking account which pays the credit card bill and the credit card bill. I specifically want to be able to see monthly cash flow and the impact of the deduction in the two accounts when the bill is due
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Clark796,

That's a great question!

If you set up the Recurring Series for the credit card bill as a 'Linked Transfer' by using the name of the account that the payment is being made to for the 'Category' and the account that the payment is being made from as the 'Account', you will see these items displayed in the Projected Cash Flow of both your checking account and the credit card account. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file