Spending Plan Issue - Other Spending total incorrect (edited)

paddington21
paddington21 Member
edited January 13 in Troubleshooting
Hi everyone - question about whether the issue I'm having with my spending plan is part of the same issue that's already identified. My "other spending" part of the spending plan shows all of the correct transactions and the totals in the bubbles are correct, but in the "other spending" total (on the left), it says $300, when it should be much higher. None of the transactions are hidden. Is this the same issue that has already been identified? Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited January 12
    Hello @paddington21,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an incorrect 'Other Spending' total in the Spending Plan.

As far as I know, the issue that you described is not a part of the known issue that the Alert is for, however, a fix for the issue in the Alert should have gone out within the last couple of hours (although we're awaiting confirmation before closing the Alert).

With that being said, are you still seeing an issue with your Spending Plan in Simplifi? If so, would you mind providing some screenshots so I can take a closer look, please? :smile:

-Coach Natalie 
  • Hi Natalie - thanks for the response.It's been a little weird since I refreshed it to respond to you. For a minute, it corresponded between the "Other Spending" and the bubbles, but the bubbles only showed transactions from one account. I then refreshed everything and got back to how it was (with the Other Spending not totaling all of the transactions). I redacted the screenshot for the most part, but I left one example that shows the total issue.

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @paddington21,

Thanks for providing a screenshot, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

Would you mind providing a non-redacted screenshot to me directly so we can get a clearer picture of what's going? If so, you can DM that to me here in the Community for privacy. 

Also, do you use the Simplifi Mobile App at all, by chance? If so, would you mind checking your Spending Plan there to see if you see the same issue that you're seeing on the Web App? 

Much appreciated! 

-Coach Natalie 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @paddington21,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-11555
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 13
    Hello again @paddington21,

Would you mind confirming a couple of pieces of additional information that my Team has requested, please?

I know you stated that no transactions are ignored from the Spending Plan and that all of the bubbles are correct according to your transactions, however, they'd like you to double-check and make sure that you don't have any transactions that are in fact set to be ignored that are actually being included in the bubble (but not the total), as well as check for any positive (income) transactions that the bubbles aren't showing/including.

Please let me know, thank you! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Hi Natalie - I'm not sure how to double-check that. There is only one transaction that I ignored because it was a transfer that wasn't reflecting as such when I changed the category. This shows up in the bubble but not the total (it is for $50). I don't see anything else that is being ignored. I also went through the income tab and adjusted transfers that were being categorized as income. I also scrolled through the transactions in the other spending tab and there were no positive transactions. Thanks!
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you @paddington21, I'll let you know if we need any further info. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you for reaching back out to let me know that the culprit was an expected Refund, @paddington21.

I'm glad to hear that the issue is now resolved -- I went ahead and let my Team know and have closed out the escalation accordingly. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file