All planned spending categories missing???

chimoe
chimoe Member
edited January 13 in Report a Bug
So I logged into Simplifi today and noticed that all my planned spending categories are all gone for Jan 2022.  I then went to prior months and noticed same thing, for all the months in 2021 I have no planned spending.    Did something happen??
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @chimoe,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an issue with Planned Spending in Simplifi. 

To clarify, are your Planned Spending expenses missing entirely, or are transactions not being included towards them? Would you mind providing a screenshot of what you're seeing for the current month, as well as a prior month, so I can take a closer look?

Much appreciated! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • shinyllama
    shinyllama Member
    @Coach Natalie I'm not the OP but I am also experiencing this issue. The expenses are missing entirely. For November and earlier, all of the spending from the expense categories I had set up is also missing from the spending plan. For December and January, all spending shows up under "other spending" but still all my budgeted categories are missing. I had a bunch of categories set up and they are all gone. I hope they'll be able to be recovered because it would be a lot of work to set my whole budget back up from scratch.

Here's a screenshot of November

• Taylorda
    Taylorda Member
    @Coach Natalie I had the same issue as @shinyllama I lost Nov 21 , Dec 21, and i am currently working on rebuilding my planned spending, but its now frozen and won't let me add any more. Also my Nov won't sync up
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 18
    Hello @shinyllama & @Taylorda,

Thank you both for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing these issues in the Spending Plan.

@shinyllama, to clarify, are your Planned Spending Items also missing for December and January? Do you have a screenshot of these months, by chance? Also, for the issue with the Spending Plan not including transactions (please see here), this was supposed to have been resolved, however, we've been unable to confirm with any of our original reporting Users that this is the case.

With that being said, if you do see your Planned Spending Items for January but transactions are not be properly included towards them, would you also mind providing me with some screenshots of the transactions that should be being included, as well as screenshots of the Planned Spending Items showing that they're not being included, please?

@Taylorda, would you also mind clarifying what specifically you're seeing with the Spending Plan, as well as provide some screenshots, so that I can get a better idea of what's going on?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • shinyllama
    shinyllama Member
    @Coach Natalie
    Yes, the planned spending items I had previously set up are missing for ALL months. Here's January so you can see what the current month looks like vs the past ones.

I do see it seems that the spending from the categories that used to be in my spending plan has returned to my November plan, it's just all in "Other Spending" now instead of being in my "Planned Spending" section. Here's what November Looks like now (As opposed to my previous screenshot where it looked like I hadn't spent anything because almost all of it was in the categories that had disappeared.)

Curious if the old spending plan items will be able to be recovered or if I should begin rebuilding my budget. Though part of me doesn't want to spend the time until I know it will be stable.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @shinyllama,

Thanks for posting back with additional details and screenshots!

I have gone ahead and added your information to the existing Ticket for this issue and will be sure to let you know as soon as I receive an update. Also, we are hoping to restore all of the missing expenses, so there is no need to recreate them at this time.

Hopefully we get a fix out for this very soon -- we appreciate your patience! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

QCS-12890
  • shinyllama
    shinyllama Member
    @Coach Natalie
    The planned spending categories have returned! I have my budget items back in place. However, the spending plan is still behaving erratically. Now my "other spending" section shows a total figure that does not actually reflect the spending listed there. This is happening for all previous months. January seems ok as far as I can tell. Now it looks like I was thousands in the hole for all previous months though.

This is from December. If you add up what's in the bubbles (or all the transactions listed here - it's just easier to show the bubbles in a screenshot) it is $1,814, but the total shown for Other Spending (in the top right corner) is over $10k! I'm not sure where that large number is coming from.

• chimoe
    chimoe Member
    edited January 21
    Hello. I’m still having this issue. I had at least 15 spending categories setup and they are all gone for all months. See screenshot. 

[edited images to reduce size]
  • Coach Natalie
    @shinyllama -- Thanks for posting back and yay! Yes, it looks like there was an update on the Ticket that Planned Spending items should have been restored, however, it looks like it's still being worked on, so I think there's some other kinks to work out still. 

We also, sadly, have some other issues going on with the Spending Plan that we're actively working on, so hopefully everything is fixed very soon. For the issue that you're seeing with Other Spending, do you by chance have any Refunds for the month(s) in question? It appears that Simplifi will include Refunds in the Other Spending total, but won't show them as transactions in the list, so it can cause some confusion.

Also, are there any transactions that are set to be ignored from the Spending Plan that are being included in Other Spending, or are there any positive (income) transactions that the bubbles aren't showing/including?

@chimoe -- I'm sorry to hear that you're still seeing an issue! Have you checked again today, by chance? If you're still seeing an issue, is it only occurring on the Simplifi Mobile App, or are you also seeing it on the Web App? 

If you're only seeing the issue on the Mobile App, or if you don't use the Web App so you're unsure, I would suggest fully signing out and back into the Mobile App to see if that helps to clear things up. If the issue persists, I would suggest a full uninstall/reinstall of the App. Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • shinyllama
    shinyllama Member
    @Coach Natalie
    I don't have any refunds. 
    There are positive value transactions but it seems like they are reflected accurately in the bubbles.
    There are "ignore from reporting" transactions, but they seem to be correctly excluded from the list of transactions and there are not enough to account for the difference between what's in the bubbles/transaction list and what it says the total is.

Planned spending does still seem like there's an issue not appropriately showing transactions that have had their category changed, so maybe this is a similar issue. For example, I have an electric category that shows no spending in December, but I spent $178. Here are some screenshots of that issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file