Tags not exporting on SPLIT transactions

Options
MrGood
MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug
It doesn't appear that the CSV exports retain the tags assigned to split transactions.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @MrGood,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I apologize that you're seeing this issue when exporting transactions in Simplifi. 

I found an existing Bug Ticket for this exact issue, however, when I went to add your information to it, I am unable to locate your Simplifi Account using the email address that's associated with your Community Profile. With that being said, would you mind DMing me that email address and I'd be happy to get your information added?

Otherwise, I have started watching the issue so that I can keep an eye on it and post back when there's an update. However, adding an additional reporting party may bump the priority. :wink:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-8498
  • Simon Jemani
    Simon Jemani Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    When exporting transactions that are Splits, the tags don't end up in the CSV file. The export of a two item transaction for example appears as three rows (OK with that) and the first row contains "SPLIT" as the category field, the name of the tag if the same tag is used for both items of the split transaction and is empty if the tags used a different among the two split transactions. And the note appears on the first row only and not associated with the transaction items.
    The second row has the name of the category properly but nothing for the tag and nothing for note field.
    The third row has the name of the category properly but nothing for the tag and nothing for note field.
    I hope this can be corrected. This causes a problem when the exports are analyzed with pivot tables in Excel as cells that are blank are going to be classified and aggregated as "Blank" in the pivot table as opposed to those expenses being categorized properly. I used tags as the top-level category and category from Simplify as a subcategory in Excel's pivot table.
    Please let me know if I've overlooked something. I'd love to add pictures to this post but I could not.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hello @Simon Jemani,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I apologize that you're seeing an issue with Tags exporting from Simplifi.

It looks like we have an ongoing issue regarding Tags not exporting properly for split transactions, and the ticket is still being worked on with no ETA on a resolution as of yet. With that said, however, I am following the ticket and will be sure to let you know as soon as there's an update. 

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-8498
  • bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any plans to add this feature? It is frustrating to lose tags and other data when exporting.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @bcrossman,

Thanks for reaching out!

Tags not being included when exporting split transactions is actually a bug, not a feature that needs to be added. As you can see from my last comment here, the issue has been reported. There is still no ETA on a resolution, however, I'll be sure to post back as soon as an update becomes available.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello All,

Great news! A fix for this issue is expected with the 3.77.0 Web Release.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.