Category changes made from Mobile aren't syncing to Web (edited)

Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2 in Report a Bug
Greetings,

This is the second time I've run into this...the first time I've taken the time to report it.

When renaming Categories in the Mobile App (an iPad running iOS 15.1 with Simplifi 3.14.0), the changes aren't syncing with the Web App (on a Windows 10 laptop with Chrome 97.0.4692.99).

This doesn't appear to occur when moving subcategories around between 'parent' Categories on the Mobile App or when adding new Categories on the Mobile App...just when renaming Categories on the Mobile App.

I made these changes on the Mobile App about 45 minutes ago...
  • Renamed "Fitness".
  • Relocated "Gym" to here.

But on the Web App

With the note below, it seems to sync well when you make your changes on the Web App, but not vise versa. 

Note: Often, for changes to be seen, you need to close and reopen the Mobile App.
Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
Brand new to Simplifi in 2021.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for taking the time to report this to the Community!

To clarify, are you performing a sync between the Mobile and Web Apps after making the changes? You would do so by pulling down on the Mobile App until you see the spinning icon at the top (as described here), and then, once done, you'd want to perform a refresh on the Web App by clicking the 'Refresh' button in the left-hand bar.

If closing out and reopening the Mobile App seems to do the trick, then I suspect that this may be the culprit, and making sure to perform the sync each time should resolve the matter moving forward.

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

Confirmed.  I do know about syncing between the Mobile & Web Apps and employ the techniques you recommended; clicking the refresh button on web and swiping down/restarting the app on mobile.

That said, I was still experiencing that there was an issue with the sync not syncing, specifically when you rename a category on mobile...it doesn't sync to web.
    Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for confirming and posting back!

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported and will be sure to let you know as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-11760
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Flopbot,

The Team picked this one up fast! A fix for this syncing issue is expected with the 3.15.0 Mobile Release, so please be sure to let me know if you continue to see the issue after that time. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea!!
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.