Square transactions on American Express

Matt C
Matt C Member
Transactions with a retailer that uses a square terminal does not come through as only the vendor's name ... rather it's a long url and string of numbers.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Matt C,

Thanks for taking the time to post to the Community regarding this issue!

Would you mind clarifying the specific issue that's occurring in Simplifi, please? Are the transactions in question downloading with strange names, or are you referring to the "Appears on your statement as..." info, etc.? Do you have some examples to share, by chance?

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Matt C
    Matt C Member
    Transactions appear like so:
    • <my name)-51305-50uyheuglym Squareup.com/receipts 10th Street Cafe New York Ny  
    Instead of 
    • 10th Street Cafe
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Matt C,

Thanks for posting back with an example!

So that we can get a clearer picture of what's going on, please locate the transaction in question on the Simplifi Web App, click the three dots at the end of it, select "Edit Transaction", and then take a screenshot of the Transaction Detail window that opens. This will allow us to see what the transaction looks like, as well as what the "Appears on your statement as..." info looks like.

You can either share the screenshot here, DM it to me, or I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange -- just let me know.

Thanks in advance! 

-Coach Natalie
  • Matt C
    Matt C Member
    The censored bit is my name and part of my amex acct # 

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @Matt C,

Thank you for the screenshot!

Before reporting this to my Team, I did want to confirm one last thing -- you don't have any Transaction Rules setup that could be causing the renaming that's occurring, correct? 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Matt C,

Since I haven't heard back from you, I went ahead and got this reported with the information that you've provided thus far. However, please be sure to take a look at your Transaction Rules when you get a chance just in case my Team requests that additional information. 

Otherwise, I will let you know as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3599
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Matt C,

Thank you for your patience as this was being worked on!

I've received an update that a fix for this issue has been deployed -- would you mind confirming for me, please?

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Matt C,

Were you able to take a look at this, by chance? Please let me know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Matt C,

I just wanted to reach out one last time before closing out the escalation. Please be sure to let me know if you're still seeing an issue!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Matt C,

I went ahead and got the escalation closed out. Please be sure to let us know if there's anything further we can assist with!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file