Understanding where transaction dates are learned from

2»

Comments

• Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Coach Natalie just checked this morning. Looks like the issue still exists.
    the date applied does not match what I see on my bank transactions. 

screenshots below 

from Simplifi

From my bank

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Steve86,

Thank you for getting back to me!

Yes, it looks like the issue is still being worked on, and may even be impacting Quicken users. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie
  • Hey @Coach Natalie are there any updates on this bug? This one's getting annoying enough for me to start looking for alternative services, because I have to constantly fix the transactions as they come into Simplifi, especially at the beginning/end of each month.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011,

Unfortunately, there's no further update to provide at this time. I do know that the issue is actively being worked on; we're just waiting for a fix to be implemented at this point. As mentioned above, the issue does seem to be widespread and is also impacting Quicken users, so hopefully not too much longer. 

We appreciate your continued patience!

-Coach Natalie
  • Ulysses
    Ulysses Member
    I wonder if the problem here could be the date/time zone on Simplifi’s servers vs. the date/time zone on the bank’s cleared/transaction data.  Could be a time zone translation bug.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011 & @Steve86,

Thank you for your continued patience as this was being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team stating that a fix has been implemented for this issue. Would you both mind checking in Simplifi and confirming for me, please? 

-Coach Natalie
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member
    Hi @Coach Natalie, I unfortunately don't see any change on recent transactions in my account. I just tried refreshing and picked up items from Jan 15, but they're registering as Jan 16 in Simplifi.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011,

Darn it! :disappointed:

Please provide a few example transactions with the Date, Payee, and Amount that's displayed in Simplifi, as well as what the Date should be according to the bank's website so I can reopen the ticket. 

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie I know this conversation has been ongoing for a while.

I bank with Wells Fargo and I see the same "issue" with the difference between dates when a transaction posted as cleared at the bank and the date reported to and assigned by Simplifi. Here are 3 screenshots showing the difference.  

Simplifi register for checking account:

Transaction detail screen - note "Appears on your DAB Checking... as ... on Jan 18, 2023." 

This is taken from Wells Fargo's website for this account.  The date this transaction posted to Wells Fargo is recorded as 01/17/23 but it didn't download into Simplifi until 1/18/23.  

I could go down the line with all other Wells Fargo transactions and see the same - the date shown on the bank website is one day earlier than the date showing in Simplifi.  

• Does this discrepancy have something to do with when the data is ready for download, i.e. after midnight?
    • The "Appears on..." info is coming from somewhere and that somewhere is where the discrepancy may possibly be found?
    • I wonder if the issue is tied into Wells Fargo choosing not to include Pending transactions in their downloads?
    P.S. This is not an issue for me personally whether the date in Simplifi is the exact date or one day latter.  I won't see this information in Simplifi until the "next day" anyway and Simplifi reports an accurate balance from day to day.
    Danny 
    Simplifi user since 01/22
     Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member
    edited January 19
    @DannyB thanks for leaving that note. @Coach Natalie that pretty much sums it up for me too. It is a big problem for me, though, because my budgets are ruined because of transactions on the last day of the month, and I constantly have to fix them.
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭
    edited January 19
    @Coach Natalie @DannyB  Thiis is happening to me too!  I have to fix at the end of each month.  It is definitely a Simplifi issue (not my bank before you go there) because Mint records correctly. I run Mint as a redundant program because simplifi is not very stable.  
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @DannyB,

Thank you for posting and sharing an example! It's unfortunate that this issue persists and seems to be affecting more and more users. 

Do you, by chance, have a couple more example transactions you can provide that the issue is occurring with? We typically need at least 3 examples to escalate something like this. 

@ramza1011 & @Clark -- will you both also provide a few example transactions that the issue is still occurring with, please? We need the Date, Payee, and Amount that's displayed in Simplifi, as well as the date that the transactions should be. 

Once I receive sufficient examples, I'll reopen the ticket and let them know that the issue is still occurring for Simplifi. 

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19
    @Coach Natalie here you go.  I can supply screenshots of my other WF checking account and/or my WF Visa account if needed but it's the same issue as with this account.  FYI, I checked three other banks  with connected  accounts (CapitalOne, Citi, Chase) and all dates match on the banks' website and in Simplifi.

And just for fun here is a sample transaction detail screen shot for the  Td Ameritrade Luke/TD AMERITRACE ACH IN... CAROLAN LUKE (Simplifi/WF) entry.

Danny 
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you, @DannyB!

Unfortunately, those screenshots of your Simplifi register and bank register won't work, as they don't show the amount of the transactions. To clarify, we need the Date, Payee, and Amount that's displayed in Simplifi, as well as the date that the transactions should be. 

If you'd like to provide those same exact screenshots, but with a wide enough scope to show the amount, I think that would give us a good comparison. If you'd prefer, you can DM them to me for privacy. 

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie sorry for the mix up.  We are on a trip out of town for the next week and I don't have a laptop or tablet with me, just my phone.  I'll send you the screenshots when I return home.
    Danny 
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member
    @Coach Natalie I DM'ed you a screenshot for security reasons instead of putting it here; please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @ramza1011,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and reopened the ticket and will be sure to let you know when I receive an update. 

@Steve86 @Clark @DannyB -- any additional reporting users with examples will be helpful! 

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3503

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file