Transaction In "Linking Transaction Box" Does Not Show Up in Search Bar

otterdillpickle
edited April 25 in Troubleshooting
I am trying to link a transaction to a recurring transaction for my Spending Plan. I send my rent money through Zelle each month, but part of the total I am sending is also covering someone else's rent. I manually adjust the initial transaction to be my rent only and then create an additional transaction for the spotting, so that I can categorize them accordingly. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that the transaction is not showing up for me to link... the transactions for the last two months show up.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @otterdillpickle,

Thanks for posting, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties linking a transaction to a Reminder in Simplifi.

To clarify, is the associated Recurring Series setup for the same account that the transaction resides in? If not, you won't be able to link the transaction to the Reminder; more details on this can be found here.

If the Series is setup using the same account, then I would suggest linking to the Reminder from the transaction directly by 'marking it as a bill or recurring' (the steps for this are also provided in the above-referenced Support Article):

Please let us know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.