Incorrect Security Symbol Interpreted

jtjones0304
jtjones0304 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 27 in Investments
Simplifi is incorrectly interpreting an asset class as stock when it should be cash/money market. As a result, my portfolio is significantly over valued. Is there a way to override one of these symbols or classify it as cash or a money market? My broker has a symbol PGR for money market and classified as such.  However, Simplifi is interpreting it as stock and assigning the value of Progressive. 

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jtjones0304,

Thank you for providing all of the requested information -- very helpful!

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3636
  • Coach Natalie
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jtjones0304,

Thank you for your patience is this was being researched!

Unfortunately, it looks like there are some snags with aggregating money market funds from Pershing LLC, which is what's causing the issue that you're seeing. Although we're working with our Service Provider to resolve this, there's currently no ETA to provide.

With that being said, hopefully you see this fixed at some point in the near future, however, there's nothing further that can be done from our end at this time. Sorry I don't have a better answer or a resolution for you!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @jtjones0304,

Thanks for reporting this, although I apologize that you're seeing incorrect holdings in Simplifi.

I'd be happy to get this reported to our Product Team, but do need to gather a bit more info from you. First, are you tracking the account manually, or is it connected to the bank? If the latter, what bank/brokerage is it connected to? Also, are you seeing an incorrect portfolio balance in the Investments section only, or is the balance also incorrect when viewing it in the Accounts List? 

Next, please provide me with the name of the account that this is occurring with, as it appears in Simplifi. We will also need to see screenshots of all of the holdings and the balance displayed on the bank's website, as well as screenshots of all of the holdings and the balance displayed for the account in Simplifi.

You can either share this information here, DM it to me, or I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange. Thanks in advance! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • jtjones0304
    jtjones0304 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the quick response Coach Natalie. Please let me know how I can direct message you and send you the screenshots as well.  
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jtjones0304,

I have gone ahead and sent a message to your Community Inbox that you can respond to. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • jtjones0304
    jtjones0304 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response Natalie. Would it be possible to allow editing of the security classification? I world think most investment or brokerage accounts would have money market or other securities which are not equity securities. Anything to prevent the amounts in Simplifi from showing the wrong misleading information
  • Coach Natalie
    That's a great question, @jtjones0304!

Unfortunately, there's not currently a way to edit holdings in a connected investment account. You can, however, track your investment accounts and holdings manually, so you may consider giving this a try to see if you get better results. More details on manually tracking investments in Simplifi can be found here

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.