Linking manually inputted transactions to recurring items in spending plan

Kanda
Kanda Member
edited May 27 in Troubleshooting
I have a recurring reminder / estimated bill in my spending plan for my cell phone. When I pay via one of my synched banking accounts, simplifi correctly recognizes the transaction as paid. Recently I received a gift card, which I am using to pay this bill. I created a manual account to represent the balance of the card and manual put it an entry to represent paying this bill. Simplifi still shows the reminder as "late". In the mobile app, I can attempt to manually link the transaction, but the status is not updated. On the website, transactions in this manual account are not even presented as options for linking. I'm assuming different behavior in mobile vs desktop is a bug, but beyond that... am I missing something? Or is not possible to link spending plan items with manual accounts?

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Kanda,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

When it comes to linking a manual transaction to a Recurring Reminder, you'll want to do so from the transaction directly instead of from the Reminder. More details and the steps to do so can be found here

I hope this helps, but please be sure to let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.