American Express still not working

JonC703
JonC703 Member
The previous issue says it is resolved (https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3250/resolved-4-25-22-american-express-returning-102-and-103-errors#latest) but my amex accounts still are not updating. I'm still consistently getting 102 errors. Please advise.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @JonC703,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing difficulties connecting to American Express in Simplifi.

I was able to verify the error from my end and have gone ahead and gotten this escalated. I'll be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9462594
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @JonC703,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

It looks like the escalation came back stating that the issues with American Express are intermittent. Although our Team and our Service Provider are keeping an eye on the issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible, they have provided some suggestions for you to try in the meantime.

First, they've suggested attempting to connect outside of peak hours, as they've seen success from other users when doing so. They've also suggested changing your password with American Express to something that doesn't contain special characters to see if you're then able to connect in Simplifi.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • JonC703
    JonC703 Member
    Changing to password with no special characters seems to have worked... but I'm a little uneasy about having to use a less-secure pw  :#
  • Coach Natalie
    I'm glad to hear that worked, @JonC703, but I definitely understand your concern.

At this point, I'd suggest changing your bank password again to something more secure, and then wait for Simplifi to prompt you to update your credentials. Hopefully Simplifi prompts you outside of peak hours to increase the chances of a successful connection. 

I'd also suggest avoiding the following special characters in your password, as they can interfere with Simplifi's ability to connect and download transactions: ampersand (&), left carat (<), right carat (>), backslash (\), and forward slash (/).

Let us know how it goes! 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @JonC703,

Were you able to get everything connected properly? Please let me know, thank you! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • JonC703
    JonC703 Member
    Thank you for the reminder-

I changed it to a complex password this morning but did not use any of the characters you mentioned... and simplifi was not able to connect. I got a 103 error, then something else (sorry I don't remember it.)

(And btw, is there really a bug that you can't use markup characters? It should be an easy fix to escape these so they don't interfere with connectivity. But I digress...)

So I tried switchingback to a simpler (but much longer password), and still cannot connect.

This is super frustrating, especially since most of my spending goes on amex.

• Coach Natalie
    edited May 13
    Hello @JonC703,

Thanks for posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists. 

I'd suggest waiting until outside of peak hours to perform the steps of changing your password and then attempting to connect in Simplifi, and I'd also suggest waiting until Simplifi prompts you to update your credentials rather than manually forcing it (if you did not already do so).

Please let me know if you're still unable to connect!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @JonC703,

Were you able to give this a try over the weekend, by chance? :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file