Sam's Club Mastercard (Synchrony Bank) Shows Dual Transaction

mjn1979
mjn1979 Member ✭✭
Just noticed this today... transactions in my Sam's Club Credit Card account are showing the credits and debits which is causing my spending plans to be skewed. For example, below Simplifi shows I have $608 left of my $600 restaurant budget, when in reality, the remaining amount left is much less (i.e. most of the transactions are cancelling themselves out).

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @mjn1979,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

I've received an update from my Team stating that this issue was due to a recent change on Synchrony's side, but that it should no longer be occurring. With that said, you'll want to go ahead and just delete the duplicate transactions that you have already downloaded, and then be sure to let us know if the issue pops back up or continues to occur. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• mjn1979
    mjn1979 Member ✭✭
    I tried logging out/in, and cleared the app cache/storage but the issue persists.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited May 13
    Hello @mjn1979,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing this issue in Simplifi.

To clarify, is this issue only occurring with one account in Simplifi? If so, would you mind confirming the name of the account for me as it appears in Simplifi, please? Also, are you just seeing the duplicate transactions in the Spending Plan, or are you seeing them in the actual account register as well?

Please also provide a few example transactions that this is occurring with that include the Date, Payee, and Amount. Also, is the "Appears on your statement as..." info the same for each of the duplicates?

Last, would you mind grabbing a screenshot of the Transaction Detail view of at least one of the duplicates that shows the details of the transaction (including the "Appears on your statement as..." info) so that we can see a comparison between the negative transaction and the positive transaction? 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • mjn1979
    mjn1979 Member ✭✭
    edited May 13
    Hi Coach Natalie, here are two transactions. I think all the details you requested are shown in these, but let me know if I overlooked something. I'm only seeing this in my "Sam's Club Mastercard"  account. Also,  I do see this in the spending plan and also in the account register. Thank you

[removed screenshots - no longer needed]

• mjn1979
    mjn1979 Member ✭✭
    I also tried the "reset connection" on the account, but it also did not help.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you for the examples @mjn1979!

Would you mind grabbing the screenshots from the Web App instead of the Mobile App so that each transaction only takes one screenshot, please? The window that we would need to see is the Transaction Detail view: 

Otherwise, the examples/screenshots can become convoluted and cause confusion. Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • mjn1979
    mjn1979 Member ✭✭
    Sure, np.. here you go...

• Coach Natalie
    Thanks so much, @mjn1979!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3776

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file