Transactions showing up as both debits and credits

myfriend
myfriend Member ✭✭
All transactions on my Verizon Visa card since April 8 are showing up as both debits and credits in Simplifi. ?? (the balance on my card is still showing up correctly)
I have four other credit cards linked in Simplifi and no issue with them.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 16
    Hello @myfriend,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi.

First, would you mind confirming the name of the account that this is occurring with as it appears in Simplifi, please? Also, is the "Appears on your statement as..." info the same for each of the duplicate transactions?

Please also provide a few example transactions that this is occurring with that include the Date, Payee, and Amount. Screenshots of the Transaction Detail view of at least one of the duplicates that shows the details of the transaction (including the "Appears on your statement as..." info) would also be wonderful to have so that we can get a comparison between the negative transaction and the positive transaction.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • myfriend
    myfriend Member ✭✭
    @Coach Natalie
    The name of the account is "Verizon Visa Card."
    I looked at about 5 duplicates and the "Appears on your statement as" was the same in for each pair.

See attached word file with screenshots of examples.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you @myfriend!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-3785
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @myfriend,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

I've received an update from my Team stating that this issue was due to a recent change on Synchrony's side, but that it should no longer be occurring. With that said, you'll want to go ahead and just delete the duplicate transactions that you have already downloaded, and then be sure to let us know if the issue pops back up or continues to occur. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • myfriend
    myfriend Member ✭✭
    Will do. Thanks, @Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file