American Express Rewards Checking

Jared
Jared Member
Other amex accounts work seamlessly. Would be great if Amex perosnal checking accounts were supported.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Jared,

Thanks for posting!

I went ahead and moved this out of the Requests section, as it is my understanding that American Express Checking accounts are already supported in Simplifi under the option listed as "American Express Bank FSB". 

Please go ahead and give this option a try and let us know how it goes! 

-Coach Natalie
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭
    @Jared
    Did you get it to work? AmEx wants me to set up one of these checking accounts, but I notice the routing number is different from the Personal Savings Account, so not sure if American Express FSB will work.
    Steve
    Simplifi since 11/2021
    Quicken since 2009
    Microsoft Money 1991-2009
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭
    I can now confirm that Amex Personal Checking does not support Simplifi or Quicken. It doesn't allow downloads at all.
    Steve
    Simplifi since 11/2021
    Quicken since 2009
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @SRC54,

Thanks for letting us know, although I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to get the account connected in Simplifi.

To clarify, did American Express advise you that they don't allow downloads for this particular account, or are you just experiencing an issue connecting the account in Simplifi? If the latter, would you mind describing what specifically is occurring, i.e. do you receive a specific error message, or does Simplifi tell you that you've already added all of your accounts, etc.?

Please let me know so I can best assist! 

-Coach Natalie
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Coach Natalie

American Express agent initially told me I could download but she didn't know what she was talking about.  I have tried both American Express and American Express FSB.  Both tell me that there are no other accounts to download.  This checking account is missing a lot of features and I left a review of it on here.  And the Checking account and Savings Accounts have different routing numbers too.
    Steve
    Simplifi since 11/2021
    Quicken since 2009
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @SRC54,

Thanks for confirming!

If the bank advised you that the account should be available for transaction download, we can certainly escalate the issue from our end to see if we can find out what's going on. To do so, would you mind providing a screenshot of the message you receive when attempting to add the account, please?

Also, do you access all of your American Express accounts on their website using the same URL and sign-in information? If so, would you mind providing a screenshot of the Account Summary page on American Express's website showing that all of the accounts are accessed in one place?

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie
    Thanks for the offer.  I don't think I will be keeping this account.  AmEx seems to be competing with with things such as Chime with this account.  They aren't offering transaction download or even OFX or anything with this.  And no joint accounts either.  These new pseudo checking accounts I fear will be an existential threat to Quicken/Simplifi/Mint as they are designed for young adults who just want one app.  And aren't interesting in seeing the complete financial picture.

I cannot quite figure them out.
    Steve
    Simplifi since 11/2021
    Quicken since 2009

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file