Total spending report by category not working. Why?

Clark
Clark Member ✭✭
edited June 30 in Report a Bug
If I go to the total spending report by category,  it is showing every transaction in each.  I,E., under "home", it is showing other categories transactions not related. This is on the android mobile app.  The web shows it correctly.   Please let me know how to get this fixed. 
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 20
    Hello @Clark,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I apologize that you're seeing this issue on the Simplifi Mobile App.

I actually noticed this bug a couple of days ago and have already gotten it reported. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I receive an update! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭
    Thanks Natalie.  I am fairly new to Simplifi and I've seen a lot of bugs in the last couple of months. This filter was working and now it doesn't.   This isn't the first thing that didn't work,  I've had a lot of issues with the spending plan too.  As you know, I've requested my bank to be added for several months now which has not happened with no date.  I have to manually add transactions which is a pain. I am not a novice using quicken as I've used quicken deluxe for years.  I feel that I should be given a partial refund on my yearly subscription since this program is truly in the beta phase.   That is my opinion and request. 
  • Coach Natalie
    edited May 23
    Hello @Clark,

Thanks for the additional feedback!

Unfortunately, we don't provide partial refunds on Subscriptions. Although Simplifi offers an 'Early Access' option for beta features, the program is otherwise fully released and functional. With that said, however, I definitely apologize for the issues that you've experienced and I'd be happy to add a little bit of time to your current Subscription to help compensate.

As for the bank request, although we will do everything that we can to get banks added, we can't guarantee that a requested bank will be added to Simplifi.

I'm sorry for not having a better answer for you!

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply Natalie. Please add three months to my subscription,  which I think is only fair with all the issues going on.  Do you have a fix date for the category filter on the total spending/ expense report? I would think this should be a high priority. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Clark,

It looks like an extension was already applied to your Subscription back in March, so I went ahead and added an additional 2 months at this time. Your new expiration date is 6/25/23. 

For the issues with the Total Spending Report on the Mobile App, it looks like a fix is expected with the 3.20.0 Mobile Release, which is supposed to be coming out this week. 

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭
    Great, thanks Coach Natalie. 
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭
    Transactions not being filtered properly when selecting a Category from the Total Spending Report on the Simplifi Mobile App. This still gives the months transactions for each category??
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    I checked this out while using my iPad Air (4) and expenses were sorted correctly.  So I grabbed my Samsung phone (Android) and @Clark is right, the transactions are not sorting in the Total Spending by category.  If you go to Planned Spending transactions sort properly into each category, but not in Reports on my Android.
    Danny 
    Simplifi user since 01/22
     Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭
    Thanks @DannyB
    I've been told this has been fixed by @Coach Natalie...but still doesn't work!!  What do I have to do to get resolution?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Clark,

Unfortunately, the fix for this issue has been pushed to the 3.21.0 Mobile Release, and the above-referenced Alert was updated yesterday with this information. I'd definitely suggest following the Alert so you don't miss any future updates; more details on bookmarking posts in the Community can be found here

We appreciate your patience!

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭
    @Coach Natalie
    There was an app update yesterday that I downloaded.   That wasn't the fix you are talking about in 3.21.0? If not, when will it update?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Clark,

The most recent update is the 3.20.0 Mobile Release. You can determine which version you're on by selecting the Profile icon in the upper right of the Mobile App Dashboard:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

Thanks, I'm on 3.20.0 right now.  When will the fix 3.21.0 be ready for us to update?
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28
    Hi @Clark,

This is a bit off topic, but you mentioned in one of your posts above that you had turned in a missing bank report.

Just so you know, my bank was missing at first and it took Simplifi around 8 months to get it added.  I don't know if this is typical or average.  I'm sharing it so you might know what to expect...hopefully yours gets added faster.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    Brand new to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭
    Hi @Flopbot
    I hope it doesn't take that long!   How were you adding transactions before your bank came online?  
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28
    Hi @Clark

I guess I should have said that, technically, it's Simplifi's "Data Aggregator" (a separate company) that is adding your bank account's access so take that as you will.  I don't have any clue how all that whole process works...I'm guessing there are lots and lots of moving parts.

As for what I did when manually adding transactions, just to give you hope, Simplifi does have one of the easier/simpler processes I've seen.  When I was doing regular manual uploads of my accounts, I typed up these unofficial/not sanctioned/non Simplifi-approved instructions (click here) which include screenshots.  Feel free to check it out and let me know if anything has changed since I last updated my notes on March 18, 2022.  It's very possible that there's one or two errors in there someplace.
    Chris
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your help @Flopbot, I will try this out.  I have been a poer user of Quicken deluxe user for years, but I'm very disappointed in Simplifi as it can't even calculate the simple tasks. Since I started  Simplifi  in February, I've seen a lot of bugs and no one seems to be able to fix anything in a timely manner.  The latest update 3.20.0, I now have old split transactions showing up....do you?
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28
    @Clark

Don’t give up, there is hope.  Here’s my gas watchlist which does calculate correctly.  The total of all the blue lines equals $2,611.47…yikes!!!  Divided by 12 months equals $217.62.

As for the buggy-ness that you’re experiencing, the more I use Simplifi and the more I understand it -  I still have lots to learn - I haven’t found that to be the case. Yes, they do have bugs, but I’ve generally found that Simplifi fixes true bugs super quick and that their software is gobs and gobs better than Quicken.… I was a Quicken Home & Business user.

Hang in there…it will get better I’m sure.
    Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Clark,

We don't have an expected date for the next Mobile Release at this time, however, you can follow our Updates From the Product Team category for any product updates, as well as check your mobile app store for any app updates as they become available.

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

I am following the updates from the team.  I guess I don't understand why you can't get a date for this update. I think that this is a key or important function that this should be top priority. The team should be actively working so you can give your users a date. I just think not giving a date is unacceptable.....pushing it out to 3.21.0 ?? just my opinion...What is the team working on if not these critical issues? I would think that making the program basics work be a first priority....
This discussion has been closed.