New recurring subscriptions\bills are not displaying on spending plan

Easternwind
Easternwind Member
edited June 24 in Report a Bug
I saw someone else with this issue, but their thread was closed. I am on Chrome (101.0.4951.67) using the web app.
As shown in the spending_plan_view image, I supposedly only have 2 subscriptions.

However, if you look at patreon_simplifi, you will see that I created 3 Patreon subscriptions that should be displaying. (Grabbed from the Settings -> Recurring screen.)

In the other thread it was recommended to try creating a recurring bill/subscription on via Settings -> Recurring. I did try this, creating a 4th Patreon sub, and it still did not display. Since these images are subscription-based, I did try this all with a bill-type recurring spend, and I had the same issue.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Easternwind,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're missing some items in your Spending Plan.

We're not currently aware of any known issues when it comes to items being excluded from the Spending Plan. With that said, did you set up the associated Recurring Subscriptions to be ignored from the Spending Plan, by chance? You can determine this by editing the Recurring Series and checking the 'Visibility' section: 

If the Subscriptions are not set to be ignored from the Spending Plan, I'd suggest trying from another browser and/or in incognito mode to see if you get different results. If you use the Simplifi Mobile App, it would be great to have you check there as well.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • The issue was on my end. I didn't realize I can't look ahead to June, and is only for the previous and current month. Unfortunately, I really need that information.

If I could pass along a product suggestion it would be to at least allow someone to view the next month. There is an end date option so just because a recurring spend was made in the current month, doesn't mean it will in the next month. Also, if a recurring spend is created for the next month (as in my case), you're literally unable to see the entry unless you go the settings-> recurring screen.

Also, the upcoming screen isn't really a replacement for being able to view the month ahead in the spending plan as there are no totals, and is based on proximity to the current date versus a static chunk of time.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Easternwind,

Thanks for posting back -- I'm glad to hear that you got things figured out!

We've had a long-standing request here in the Community for Future Spending Plans that can be found here. With that being said, however, we have recently added the ability to move forward one month in the Spending Plan with Early Access enabled!

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3317/spending-plan-enhancements#latest

If you'd like to access this new ability and be able to view and budget for June of 2022, I'd suggest enabling Early Access under the Settings menu. 

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.