FDP-103 error with Optum Financial

System
System Administrator admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Optum Financial Not working.
Tagged:

Comments

• Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Has there been any update on this?  I think the connection to optum financial may be broke again.  I get an error to enter my credentials, but it never seems to connect.  I just get the same error.

Care Code: FDP-103

I am able to login just fine using the website, although I noticed the site has changed a little.  I suspect maybe a link has been broken.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Havensd74,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing difficulties connecting to Optum Financial in Simplifi.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been an update on the other ongoing issue, however, a 103 error indicates something different than a 102 error so this would be a separate issue. With that said, is this occurring when attempting to add your Optum Financial account for the first time? If so, what type of account are you attempting to add? Also, have you tried both options listed in Simplifi for Optum Financial, by chance?

If the issue persists, you'll want to go ahead and follow these steps to troubleshoot a 103 error: 
    1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URL's shown for each bank.

2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Simplifi to ensure accuracy.

3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.

4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.

5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Simplifi.

More details on a 103 error can be found here. Please let us know how it goes! 

-Coach Natalie
  • Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

This error was for an existing account I have had in Simplifi for about a year.  I was asked to re-enter my credentials for some reason, and it gives me that error.

I did try to add the second link you show in your screenshot and that did work, sort of.  I was not able to link it to my existing account, so I now have two.  I closed the old one and will use the new one going forward.

Thanks,
    David 
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Havensd74,

I'm glad to hear that you got connected!

You might be able to link the old account to the working option by resetting the account connection and then changing the bank option to the one that's working. However, if you've already closed the old account, that can't be undone and you won't be able to reconnect it. 

Let us know if there's anything further we can assist with!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.