Payee Rename Rule not working properly

doman412
doman412 Member
edited May 31 in Report a Bug
The rename rules are not working properly. When I attempt to add an additional keyword to the keywords list, the 'also rename existing transactions' gets disabled as if it cannot find related transactions. There are related transactions though, they are the same every month.

In this example I am attempting to rename a transaction for YouTube TV when 'google' and 'youtube' are in the statement name. You can see the match count goes to 0 when I add 'youtube' and I'm not able to apply this to all the other transactions with this keyword pairing.

Me attempting to create this rule directly from the transaction list by renaming the payee:

Me attempting to create this rule from the Rules section in Settings:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @doman412,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I apologize that you're seeing this issue when creating a Payee Rule in Simplifi. 

Would you mind providing a couple of specific example transactions that that Rule should be applied to with the Date, Payee, and Amount, please? Screenshots of the Transaction Detail view for each of the examples with the "Appears on your statement as..." info would be wonderful to have.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • doman412
    doman412 Member
    Here are 3 transactions for YouTube TV that I've since manually renamed the payee to YouTubeTV.

Here is another transaction that I did not manually change:

Along with me attempting to create the rename rule that should pick up this transaction but does not seem to find it:

Is it possible another rule is preventing this rule from finding that transaction? I've looked through other Google related rules and each have multiple keywords and I don't think they should affect this one.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Thank you for providing the requested examples, @doman412!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-12836

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file