"Expected Undefined" message in Savings Goals

RobWilk
RobWilk Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 1 in Feedback
This is not a bug, it functions normally.

It is instead an odd sort of message unless you understand what it means.

When I set the monthly contribution to ZERO ($0) for a particular goal, when I view that goal it says "Expected undefined" which is a little confusing.  It just doesn't read right.

I can live with this, but I thought someone might want to consider rewording.

-Rob
--
Robert D. Wilkens
robwilkens.net

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

Would you mind clarifying where specifically you're seeing this message in Simplifi, please? I've created a Watchlist with a $0 monthly contribution amount and I'm not seeing "Expected undefined" in the Savings Goals section or in the Spending Plan, and I've tested this on both the Simplifi Web App and the Mobile App. 

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Member ✭✭✭✭
    The best way i can illustrate is with a screen snip - here below the goal dollar amount, please note this is the WEB app being accessed in this case from a Windows laptop running chrome.

--
    Robert D. Wilkens
    robwilkens.net
  • Coach Natalie
    Thank you for confirming @RobWilk!

It appears that this only occurs when the Savings Goal also doesn't have a Target Goal Date, and I am seeing "Expected Invalid DateTime" on the Mobile App as well. With that said, I'm not sure if this is by design, however, I can definitely see how it can cause confusion. At any rate, I did go ahead and get it reported as a bug and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-12715
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @RobWilk,

A fix for this issue is expected with the 3.52.0 Web Release. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Member ✭✭✭✭
    While it wasn't critical (I understood what it meant), I think it's good this is getting addressed anyway.  Sounds like it was an easy fix given how soon it is being fixed.  Thanks for Listening!

-Rob
    --
    Robert D. Wilkens
    robwilkens.net
This discussion has been closed.