Add a Report for Recurring Transactions, or the ability to download them (edited)

Options
5472sss
5472sss Member
edited July 2023 in Feature Requests
Simplifi has Recurring Transactions ... Bills, Subscriptions, Income...Having the ability to report or download the listed transactions greatly improves Simplifi. 
12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I would like to see of all subscriptions including the price of the subscriptions included in reports as a separate tab. The reason I suggest this is because of how easily subscriptions can add up and because subscriptions can be monthly or annual and thus hard to keep track of.

A graphical list of subscriptions can help one:
    1. Understand the total cost of all current active subscriptions
    2. Provide a one stop tool to for one to analyze use and value of a subscription
    3. Reveal redundant subscriptions
    Of course like everything else, the user will have to make sure all subscriptions are identified and this is easily done through review of spending in the spending plan.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Jeannette
    Jeannette Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've been posting different questions and suggestions over the past few months on how to get the view of future expenses that I'm looking for. All of the data I want is here in the recurring transactions list. I would like, at a minimum, to be able to filter it by account. What would be even better is a report with this data that could be filtered by account (or other field) and displayed in a tabular format by month. Sort of like the old Quicken budget view. I just don't want/need to go through the excercise of creating a budget by category, all of the data I need is already here in the recurring transactions that I've setup. I hope other people would also find this useful.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Here are some examples of what I'm looking for. The ability to filter or select accounts to be included is a must have.

example 1 - expenses only

example 2 - income and expenses

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@5472sss & @Jeannette , does this get you closer to what you're looking for?

Reports>Spending>Filter>Advanced>Select Bills>Download as .csv

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Jeannette
    Jeannette Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Flopbot unfortunately no because I am looking for future months data to be represented

• Norm6257
    Norm6257 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It would be great to have a recurring transaction report or view. I would like to have the ability to group it by frequency of recurrance. That way I can easily see what monthly, quarterly, yearly subscriptions / bills I have.

• MissA
    MissA Member
    Options

Yes, having this feature to see recurring and monthly, yearly, etc. would be extremely helpful.

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you take the downloaded bills, you could just add formulas in Excel to show the future months. Date formulas in Excel can handle any kind of situation, like quarterly, every two weeks and showing the rare instance of 3 bills in one month in the correct month, etc.

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Coaches, can you please move this to the product feature requests and out of the financial institution category? Thank you.

• Craig1403
    Options

I have need of the above functionality as well. I see the value in establishing subscriptions. However, they are not easily visualized within Simplifi.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All, 

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant, and due to the age of the request and lack of user votes/comments, will be archived within the next 10 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken Simplifi, please be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this request would be beneficial for you. More details on voting for Idea posts can be found in our FAQ here

Thank you,

Quicken Simplifi Community Support Team

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I created this request early on in Quicken Simplifi user. It didn't take long, as I read through the how-to support articles, to discover a few things related to this feature request:

• This “report” already exists in Q-Simplifi - Settings > All Recurring > Subscriptions 🙄
      • On this screen I can see all the recurring expenses I have set up as Subscriptions along with how much I pay monthly and the total annual cost.
      • I see the monthly total of all "Subscriptions" in my Spending Plan.
      • I can easily review this list and make decisions on which ones to keep and which ones to cancel depending on usage and perceived value for cost.
    • ”Subscriptions” is a fluid term as used in Q-Simplifi, dependent on user interpretation. 😏
      • What constitutes an expense as a subscription? Q-Simplifi's on support article answering the question, "What's the difference between 'Bills' and 'Subscriptions'?" acknowledges the ambiguity and makes it clear this is a "distinction solely for the discretion of our user…"
    • Not a whole lot of users see this as a helpful request. 😁
      • In the almost 2 years since this was posted, it has only 74 views, 8 upvotes (including mine) and 1 commit.
      • I am now one of the users that don't find this suggestion as a useful idea since the info is already readily available.

@Coach Natalie I think this feature request can be withdrawn closed or marked as "this feature already exists" status if not simply deleted.

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@DannyB, look at all of the ways you've found to accomplish this while on your journey with Quicken Simplifi!

Since this Idea has votes from other users, I don't know that I want to delete it per se. We do, however, have another Idea post where users are requesting a Report for Recurring Transactions in general (not just Subscriptions) that I've considered merging this request with in the past:

Does merging seem like an agreeable solution at this point? 😀

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think merging would be a fine way to go.

Danny