Citi Cards connection problems (edited)

Sstrico
Sstrico Member ✭✭
I haven't been able to connect to my Citi Double Cash card account since May 21.  I saw there was a thread on this topic, but for some reason the discussion was closed even though the issue remains unresolved.  I keep receiving a FDP-102 error - and I have tried at all ours of the day.  A couple times I received error FDP-192 which states that the current method of multi-factor authentication is not supported.  I disabled MFA on my CitiCards account and it worked.  The only change that I can think of is that when I log in to my Citi account, it asks me which delivery method I want for my code - phone call or text message.  That change is pretty recent and I am wondering if that is the issue.  For now, I will have to turn off MFA whenever I want to update Simplifi, which is rather inconvenient.  I hope Simplifi can come up with a solution before too long.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited June 6
    Hello @Sstrico,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Citi Cards in Simplifi. 

Although we have an ongoing Alert regarding Citibank and Citi Cards, most users have been able to connect outside of peak hours. Since you haven't been able to connect at all, I did go ahead and get this escalated and will be sure to let you know as soon as an update is received.

Also, I confirmed that the 192 errors were a known issue with Citi and should now be resolved, so once we figure out what's going on with the persistent 102 errors, you should be able to re-enable MFA and connect in Simplifi. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9518212
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Sstrico,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

We've heard back from our Service Provider stating that the connection issue you're seeing with Citi Cards is due to the ongoing Alert that we have. They also stated that they see intermittent successful connections for your Double Cash Card, which I am also seeing from my end. 

With that said, we suggest attempting to update your Citi account outside of peak hours or over the weekend, as well as following our Community Alert for updates on the known issue.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2007/new-8-3-21-citibank-and-citi-cards-returns-a-102-error/p1?new=1

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
  • Sstrico
    Sstrico Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I will try later in the day.  This morning, I tried and am receiving the 192 error.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Sstrico,

I'm sorry to hear that the 192 error persists.

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated so our Service Provider is aware that the issue is still impacting some users, and I will be sure to let you know as soon as I hear back. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9522863
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Sstrico,

I've received an update on the escalation for the 192 errors, and it looks like we are still seeing issues with Citi's MFA. A Community Alert has been created with a suggestion to disable MFA before connecting in Simplifi; please be sure to also follow the Alert for any updates. :smile:

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3424/new-6-9-22-citibank-and-citi-cards-returns-a-192-error/p1?new=1

-Coach Natalie
  • Sstrico
    Sstrico Member ✭✭
    Thanks.  Yes, I am still receiving both the 102 error and the 192 error.  Sometimes it is one, sometimes the other.  It seems like they are linked.  Just this morning, I received a 102 error.  I then logged in to my Citi account and turned off the MFA.  After that, I was able to update my account no problem.  It appears that MFA is contributing to both the 192 and 102 error messages.  Citi changed their MFA in mid-late May.  After this change, when you log in to your account, Citi asks you how you want to received your code (text message, a phone call, or you call them for the code).  This timing seems to coincide with when I started having connection problems.
This discussion has been closed.