Citibank Account Link Errors 102 and 192

LkM
LkM Member
I am trying to link my Citibank accounts. The first error was regarding MFA used by Citibank. I read the discussion post where Simplifi suggested deactivating or changing the secondary authentication method on Citibank's website. This is not straightforward or desirable. I did go on to the Citibank site and used Manage Your Desktop Apps which allows you 10 minutes to go to the app and link the account (it mentions Quicken apps as as example). In doing this, and trying again to link accounts I first received a 102 error, and as I kept trying, it alternated between the 102 error message and the 192 error message. Does this mean I will be unable to use Simplifi?
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited June 15
    Hi @LkM,

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your Citibank accounts. I, too, have accounts within them and have run into similar issues, so I can understand the frustration this can cause. 
    Right now, we're experiencing trouble with the 2 Step Authentication offered by Citibank, resulting in a 192 error. Our team is working directly with the bank to reach a solution, but there is no ETA yet. So, for now, I would recommend disabling the 2 Step Authentication through the Citi website before trying to add your account to Simplifi. 
    The 102 error is a throttling error, meaning we're temporarily being blocked to prevent oversaturation on the bank's website. Typically, this happens during high-demand (peak) hours, which are early mornings and evenings. Most users see success outside peak hours, but if you continue to experience the error, we can escalate to see if something else is preventing the connection.

Based on what you described, I would suggest disabling the 2 Step and trying to add it again, specifically in the evening time, or even this weekend. If you cannot connect at all, please let me know!

-Coach Nicole
  • ABTirres
    ABTirres Member
    I am having the same problem. Tried granting access through Citi's "Data Management Hub" page, since they say that this is where you manage "third-party software connections," but that did not work. They also have a page called "Apps with Account Access," but nothing shows up (even though I gave Simplifi permission). I never turned on two-factor authentication for Citi so there is nothing for me to turn off. I did turn off the "trusted ID" log-in feature of my citi mobile app, as well as the snapshot feature, but that didn't help either. I just got Simplifi and am excited to try it out but I will not be able to use it if I can't link my bank accounts. I hope that there is a resolution soon!
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @ABTirres,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing difficulties connecting to Citibank in Simplifi.

When viewing your connection history, I am seeing 102 errors, 192 errors, as well as some intermittent successful connections, with the most recent connection being successful. With that said, since you already have MFA with Citi disabled, I'd definitely suggest attempting to update the account(s) outside of peak hours. 

We also have a Community Alert for the 102 errors that can be followed here for updates, as well as a Community Alert for the 192 errors that can be followed here for updates. 

Please let us know if you're still unable to update your account(s) outside of peak hours! 

-Coach Natalie
  • ABTirres
    ABTirres Member
    Thanks, Natalie. It did start working after a couple of days, and it has been great so far!
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Glad to hear it, @ABTirres!

-Coach Natalie
  • LkM
    LkM Member
    My Citibank access seems to be working now, though I need to re-sync it, sometimes with my bank password, every so often. Odd that Simplifi doesn't show up in Citibank's Apps with Account Access, though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file