Not working: Linking a manual transaction to a Recurring Reminder

LWrathBudget
LWrathBudget Member
I’ve been able to successfully link a manual transaction to a recurring bill in the past, but I tried today and it wasn’t updating. I double checked the instructions here, and I did everything it said. It still is not linking the transactions. I tried on both the web (just didn’t find any transactions to link) and the mobile iOS app (found the transaction, but just never linked).

I also updated several transactions (added notes and tags and categories) on the web, but then they all were lost when the page refreshed. These might be separate issues, but thought I would add just in case it’s related!
Tagged:

Comments

• LWrathBudget
    LWrathBudget Member
    Update: There is still a bug on linking the transaction from the reminder as the instructions say in the first section, but I was able to link the manual transaction on the web version as the instructions provide in the second section by going to the three dots on the manual transaction, not the reminder, and linking it there.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @LWrathBudget,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties linking a transaction to a Reminder in Simplifi.

To confirm, the transaction in question is a manual transaction, correct? If so, the ability to link manual transactions to Reminders was just recently added to Simplifi, and it must be done from the transaction directly. In the above-referenced Support Article, you'll see a note below the video stating this: 

For the issue with losing Categories and Notes when refreshing the page, is this something that you were able to recover from? If so, I'd definitely suggest keeping an eye on things and letting us know if you see this occur again.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie
  • LWrathBudget
    LWrathBudget Member
    @Coach Natalie - ah, you are correct! It was a manual transaction. I totally misunderstood the Support Article. I was reading that as if you couldn't link a manual transaction from the transaction itself. It's definitely user error, but I think having that note within the first section would have made more sense to me. Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file