When will Simplifi use Bank of America's more secure and convenient OAuth API?

Options
khad
khad Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
I just starting testing Simplifi, and I enjoy a lot of things about it. Custom rules are handled much better than Mint, and it's much more responsive than their latest redesign.

One thing I am not in love with, though, is the multi-factor authentication (MFA) prompt I get every. single. time. I sign in to Simplifi.

After reading this discussion from over a year ago, I'm concerned that the problem hasn't been addressed yet: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1355/bank-of-america-2fa

As mentioned in that discussion, the new authentication is not only more convenient because it doesn't required receiving a code via SMS, but it's also more secure because Simplifi would not be handling customers Bank of America passwords like it currently does.

When can we expect the auth method for Bank of America to be updated?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @khad,

Thanks for posting your input and feedback to the Community!

Although we don't have an update to provide on using Banks of America's OAuth API quite yet, I was able to confirm that it's still actively being worked on. Hopefully we'll have an update for everyone in the coming weeks. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Fingers crossed. There are only a few more weeks on my trial. :smile:

• bbarber4
    bbarber4 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @Coach Natalie Are there any updates to share on this topic?  I just created a Simplifi account and started my trial and this Bank of America 2FA issue is pretty annoying.  Its one of the largest banks in the country and all of your competitors are using their secure OAuth API for logins, it should be a top priority to implement this feature.  Having to constantly use 2FA each time you log into the website completely breaks the main point of these aggregator tools
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, @bbarber4!

We are still working on using Bank of America's OAuth API, however, there is no ETA or further updates to provide at this time. I'd suggest following our existing Idea post requesting this ability for any future updates. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3506/use-oauth-apis-everywhere-they-are-available-chase-bank-of-america-etc#latest

-Coach Natalie
  • SeattleGuy
    SeattleGuy Member ✭✭
    Options
    We also have a Simplifi trial in progress, but we have the same OAuth question as above. I just created an online account with a different personal finance app, and I was able to easily integrate the app with Bank of America and JPMorganChase using OAuth, without giving the app my credentials for those banks accounts. CapitalOne also supports it. We are not going to use Simplifi until this feature is added. Can you give any kind of estimate for when it will be available? 
This discussion has been closed.