Freedom Mortgage returns a 103 error

Options
khad
khad Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Despite this issue being marked as resolved (https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/comment/9697#Comment_9697), I'm still seeing the same error.

I cannot add my Freedom Mortgage account to Simplifi. (I can sign in to the Freedom Mortgage website without any trouble.)
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hello @khad,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing difficulties connecting to Freedom Mortgage in Simplifi. 

Since the known issue regarding 103 errors with Freedom Mortgage has been resolved, we'll want to go ahead and troubleshoot what you're seeing as an invalid credentials error. To do so, please give these steps a try:
    1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URL's shown for each bank.

2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Simplifi to ensure accuracy.

3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.

4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.

5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Simplifi.

More details on a 103 error can be found here. Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    1. There is only one option for freedommortgage.com, and I am selecting it.
    2. I use 1Password, so the password is being entered identically on freedommortgage.com and in Simplifi. I am not typing it by hand.
    3. I am able to sign in without any trouble at all on freedommortgage.com. My credentials are correct and valid.
    4. Freedom Mortgage does not offer app-specific passwords, so that's not a possibility in this case.
    5. For the sake of troubleshooting, I just changed my password. Same results. I can sign in to freedommortgage.com, but Simplifi returns a 103 error.

What next?
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @khad,

Thank you for attempting the steps and posting back, although I'm sorry the trouble persists.

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update becomes available.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9570149
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @khad,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

We've received an update from our Service Provider stating that they've attempted to reach out to Freedom Mortgage directly regarding the remaining instances of persistent 103 errors, however, they have not heard back. With that said, they are recommending that you contact Freedom Mortgage directly to make them aware of the issue from your end.

I will also keep an eye on the ticket for any updates and let you know if anything changes from our end. Please let us know how it goes with Freedom Mortgage! 

-Coach Natalie
  • khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for following up. I just sent them a message. Let's keep each other posted.
  • khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The response I received from Freedom Mortgage was… less than helpful.

"Due to enhancement in our security standards, effective November 18, 2021, it was required that your username and password be updated to the new standards. The username has reverted to your email address, and you are now required to use and authentication code, which is sent via email or texted to your cell number on file. These updated security measures unfortunately may have restricted the compatibility of our website with Quicken. We do apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused. if they are incognito or private on their browsers the remember me on this device function may not work."

I am, of course, using the correct credentials – the same ones I use to sign in to their website. But the error persists:

"
    To connect to Freedom Mortgage, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at Freedom Mortgage to ensure they are correct. Care Code: FDP-103"
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @khad,

Thanks for letting us know the response you received from Freedom Mortgage!

Sadly, it doesn't seem that there's anything further we can do from our end at this time; our Service Provider is aware of the issue and is attempting to contact Freedom Mortgage to get it resolved. In the meantime, I'll be sure to keep an eye on the ticket and let you know if any updates are received.

I'm sorry for not having a better answer at this time! 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello again @khad,

We went ahead and created an Alert for Freedom Mortgage -- https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3550/new-7-11-22-freedom-mortgage-returns-a-103-error/p1?new=1

With that said, I am going to go ahead and close out your ticket and ask that you follow the Alert for any updates on the known issue. 

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie
  • khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, they followed up:
    We apologize for the misinformation previously received. Access to the Freedom Mortgage website via a third-party website is not supported at this time due to our updated multifactor authentication. Please be advised, we are working diligently to enhance our Freedom Mortgage website to better service our customers.  
    Which is… utter nonsense because Mint connects just fine. Yes, they send an email with an MFA code every time, but it works.

Ah, well. It's not like there are a lot of transactions I need to be pulling in from that account. I'll just manually update the balance once a month.
This discussion has been closed.