Why does Simplifi not update in the morning.

Options
SRC54
SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
I have always updated my accounts when I get up in the morning.  Bank accounts are updated by the Central Bank early every morning.  But most days Simplifi won't update until 10 or 11am in the morning.  Why is that?  And why can I not force an update as I can with other financial apps?

Steve
Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @SRC54,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Simplifi should automatically update your accounts every time you sign in, however, it will only grab new transactions once every 4 hours. You can also manually refresh your accounts from the Web App by selecting the refresh icon from the left-hand navigation bar, or on the Mobile App by pulling down on the screen, however, this will also only grab new transactions once every 4 hours. More details on this can be found here and here

If you believe that you're missing transactions in Simplifi and you've waited at least 4 hours from the time they appeared on your bank's website, we suggest checking the steps here and then letting us know if you're unable to resolve the matter. If the issue is your account balance, we recommend taking a look over the steps listed here to troubleshoot potential causes. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie
    Yes, it is strange because it seems to refresh itself when I am not online then when I come online, it won't update.  The update thingy just goes around once and that's it.  

Steve

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @SRC54,

Thanks for posting back!

What time in the mornings are you opening Simplifi and updating your accounts, generally? Simplifi does also perform automatic nightly aggregation with your financial institutions (more details on this can be found here), so if you're opening Simplifi early in the morning, I'm wondering if it's possible that 4 hours hasn't lapsed since those nightly updates. 

Please let us know!

-Coach Natalie
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's probably it, and what I thought.  It has worked fine this week. But wish I could control this behavior.

Steve

This discussion has been closed.