Android app: Total Spending -> category transaction list not accurate

ghorton
ghorton Member
edited August 2022 in Report a Bug
Hi.  I have the Android app on my phone.  If I go to the Total Spending view and click a single category (like "Travel"), it shows all transactions and not just "Travel" transactions.  It shows the entire list of transactions for any category I choose.

I just tried this on the web version and it works fine, showing only "Travel" transactions if I choose that category.

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ghorton that's interesting.  I've never noticed that before.

I agree with you.  This filtering should be done when I select a category on the Total Spending page broken down by category.

This seems like a bug since I found that one of my categories actually did what expected and showed only spending in that category.

In the meantime, if you want to see the details for a category in Total Spending click on Filter, select the category you want from the category drop down list. Click Show results then in the Breakdown menu select By payee.  That's the long way around what should already be available.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ghorton
    ghorton Member
    Hi @DannyB. I'm glad this is reproducible. I can deal with workarounds for now. I am not sure how they track these bugs (Jira?) but I hope it will make it onto their radar.  I'm really enjoying the app overall. Thanks! 
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @ghorton,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this behavior, although I apologize that you're seeing this issue on the Simplifi Mobile App.

Sadly, this has been an ongoing issue; we have a Community Alert available here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3341/new-5-20-22-transactions-are-not-being-filtered-properly-in-total-spending-report-mobile/p1?new=1

The current ETA on a fix is the 3.23.0 Mobile Release, however, we definitely suggest following the Community Alert for any further updates. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.