Duplicate Transactions. Anyone else?

LtDan1912
LtDan1912 Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Hello community!

I've reached out to support over this a few times now since I first started using Simplifi in January, but there seems to be no resolution in sight.  I am curious how widespread an issue this is and if anyone else is having similar issues.

I am receiving duplicate transactions imported into my Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature card.

What makes the duplicate transactions particularly strange is:
  1. They don't appear until approximately 30 days later
  2. It does not occur for all transactions (and no discernible pattern)
In order to correct this, I have to constantly look back 1 month in this account, identify the duplicates, and delete them (or flag them in some way and mark them as ignored from reports and spending plan).

I have used this account in the past with other budgeting apps and have never had problems with duplicates.  I have disconnected and reconnected the account as well hoping that would solve it, but no luck. There seems to be something in particular with how this bank provides its transactions in combination with how Simplify is identifying--or not identifying in this case--transactions that have already been imported.

This is obviously very frustrating and I do not want to give up this credit card since it is a very good cash back card (2.5%).

I'm hoping that there are others having this problem with this account or other accounts and that our combined experiences can lead to a solution for this problem.

Dan
Simplifi (2022-Present)
YNAB (2014-2022)
Mint (2010-2014)
Quicken (1999-2010)

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @LtDan1912,

Thanks for providing some examples!

I was able to confirm that the duplicate transactions you're seeing are caused by the known issue. I don't currently have an ETA to provide on a fix for the known issue, however, we recommend deleting the duplicates in the meantime, as well as making sure to open Simplifi and update your accounts at least once per week.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @LtDan1912,

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an issue with duplicate transactions in Simplifi.

We do have a known issue regarding duplicate transactions that is on our Service Provider's side of things, however, we'd need some specific examples to determine if this is causing what you're seeing. With that said, please provide a few specific example transactions with the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as the name of the account that they reside in as it appears in Simplifi.

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • LtDan1912
    LtDan1912 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Coach Natalie.
    I sent you a link in a PM to a full export of my duplicate transactions.
    Dan
    Simplifi (2022-Present)
    YNAB (2014-2022)
    Mint (2010-2014)
    Quicken (1999-2010)
  • LtDan1912
    LtDan1912 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Coach Natalie,

Thanks for the advice. I do regularly update my accounts (multiple times per week), but I will delete these transactions from now on.

In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for that fix ;)
    Dan
    Simplifi (2022-Present)
    YNAB (2014-2022)
    Mint (2010-2014)
    Quicken (1999-2010)
This discussion has been closed.