Projected Other Spending "last x months" uses wrong months

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Report a Bug
I understand this is an 'early access' feature, but i wanted to report this bug before it got too far, should be an easy fix (?).

Note this is the projected other spending settings for "August 2022", July is current month but June is completed.   I have it for now set to "Last 4 months" but it's saying the last 4 months were January-April, I would expect it to be March-June.

UPDATE: It will correct if i select a different number of months, then i can select the same number of months again.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this on the mobile android app? I don't see this feature.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yes, but in settings you may need to turn on early access.

Android screenshots below

[edited images to reduce size]

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I posted 2 screenshots, here is 3rd

[edited image to reduce size]

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the Community!

I'm not personally seeing an issue with this on either the Web App or the Mobile App. Since the issue was corrected after changing the time range and then changing it back, I'd suggest keeping an eye on it and letting us know if it happens again. Hopefully this experience was just a one-off. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suspect it will be 'test-able' again in about 3-4 days, when July closes.  At this point, i know how to work around it.
    -Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @RobWilk.  Mine is correct.  My only problem is I have some months with anomalies (i.e, one time tax bill, one time purchases which are not planned and won't happen again) which causes the projection very high. I may have to manually enter a number instead. Do you know if actual vs projected other spending will show in chart?  Clark
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can go to those months with unplanned one-time charges if you want, and mark them as one-time planned charges. This takes them out of the average.

I started doing this today, now that i'm starting to plan ahead.

Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @RobWilk, thanks, that's what I'll do too. Clark
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well , it's august, and the 'average' from the past '6' months should end in July but it ends in Jun...

I suspect if i changed it to 5 months and then back to 6 months it would be right.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Thanks for following up, @RobWilk!

This issue has been reported as of the beginning of the month. I'm not seeing an expected fix version as of yet, but the Team is working on it. They stated: "the new behavior is that the months in the graph are now in line with whatever the user entered in the past. So if you set your average in February, January would still be the ending month in future months until you manually change it."

I'm honestly not sure if they're referring to the current design or the expected design after the bug is fixed, but I wanted to share so you better know what to expect. I can also post back and let you know once an update or expected fix version becomes available. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-13239
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @Coach Natalie, now that I at least understand what's happening, I can work with it (whether or not they come up with a better way to work that feature).

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Absolutely @RobWilk!

It looks like they just updated the ticket with a fix version of 3.60.0 for the Web App and 3.23.0 for the Mobile App, so let us know if you're still seeing an issue after that time. 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello again @RobWilk,

It looks like the fix for this issue has been pushed to the 3.61.0 release for the Web. Mobile is still set for 3.23.0.

I'll let you know if any other changes or updates are received!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Our Product Team has reached out stating that this issue is now resolved and they'd like you to confirm, please. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From what I can tell, it is fixed  (the rest of this message is pointless commentary no one asked for) -- I think I noticed it was working right a week or so ago when I was using the spending plan for the first time in a month or so to organize for next year (I was trying to figure out what I could set my savings goals at, and based on projections I was able to put an extra $100/month (compared to the past six months) towards savings goals and still be within my spending plan on most months).....

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thank you for confirming, @RobWilk!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.