Any System Categories?

Options
Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in Managing Your Transactions
@Coach Natalie,

I'm curious if there are any default "System Categories" that we can't see from our end but that still exist?  I finally finished documenting and double-checking ALL my categories in Simplifi and know that these two - as best I can tell - aren't listed under Settings > Categories & Tags.
  • Uncategorized
  • Finance Charge
However, both of them get applied automatically by Simplifi to various downloaded transactions.  Here's an example...

Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
New to Simplifi in 2021.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That's a great question, @Flopbot!

Yes, there are some default Categories that can't be edited or deleted, and won't be listed under Settings>Categories. "Uncategorized" is one of them, and "Transfer" and "Credit Card Payment" are a couple of others. I believe there are also hidden Investment Categories that are only used on the backend for some of the investing calculations.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah, I tracked down "Finance Charge".  It did indeed exist as a subcategory under Fees & Charges.  I found it by filtering in my Transactions.

My question still exists for "Uncategorized".  I'm assuming this one is some sort of default, system category.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.