Ability to choose which transaction data to keep when merging transactions (edited)

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Feature Requests

It kind of annoyed me, at the end of July I manually entered some transactions...  When they downloaded from the bank/cleared (next business day, it was a weekend) the transaction dates got changed to early august in simplifi to match what the bank said.  This may have affected my monthly report for example (though i did change them back by hand at some point).

For my monthly budgeting purposes, I want purchases made in July (regardless of when they clear) count as July spending, because that's what I'm looking at when i decide to spend.

So My Idea (vote if you agree, vote down if disagree): Please keep original manually entered date when merging with downloaded from bank transactions.

Thanks for your consideration.

Rob Wilkens

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

For example:

If I manually enter a check that I wrote someone, I put it in to Simplfi as a Pending transaction so that I can account for it in my cash flow (ie: make sure not to spend more than I can so that the check won't bounce).

If the person deposits the check 2 weeks later, often the pending transaction doesn't merge with the bank transaction and I need to merge them manually. The Merge feature (which I was excited to discover today) doesn't let me say to keep the date from the Pending transaction, it only uses the date from the bank transaction - which is the date the check was deposited. For spending plan purposes, I want to keep it as the date I wrote the check - since that's the date that I "spent" that money.

I'm okay with it using what it does as the default behavior, but I'd like it to show me side by side the info from each transaction and which it'll keep for the merged transaction, and allow me to adjust it as needed.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I created an idea post for something similar here, but it only got one more vote besides me:

[removed link to merged thread]

Rob Wilkens

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for letting me know! I voted for your idea also. Maybe this'll bring it more attention…