How do I manually post a refund to a credit card?

Options
GRTJ
GRTJ Member
edited September 2022 in Managing Your Transactions
Hi. How do I manually post a refund to a credit card? 
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Gotcha, @GRTJ!

To create a positive transaction in Simplifi, you can either use an Income Category, or you can put a plus sign in front of the amount when creating the transaction. If you're entering the transaction from the Mobile App, you'd click the plus sign on the numerical keyboard to create the positive transaction. More details on this can be found here (Web) and here (Mobile).

Let us know if this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hello @GRTJ,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

To clarify, are you looking to manually enter a transaction in Simplifi? If so, we have a Support Article available here that goes over managing transactions in Simplifi that includes the steps for manually entering transactions. 

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any further questions!

-Coach Natalie
  • GRTJ
    GRTJ Member
    Options
    Thanks Natalie for that info.  I had to enter transactions manually from last year because AMEX won't go beyond a 6 month timeframe.  I've been able to add manual transactions, but I have credits to my AMEX account that show as negative amounts (i.e. -43.50) and I can't figure out how to enter it so it shows the same.  Is it possible?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.