Savings Goals in Spending Plan

Options
LWrathBudget
LWrathBudget Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Using Savings Goals
I use Simplifi primarily for the Spending Plan, and I have an issue with the Spending Goals. I have some bigger expenses happening this month and I’m trying to figure out how to contribute less to a Goal in the current month (and will try to contribute more than the Monthly amount next month to make-up the difference). I have been just mentally ignoring the Goal contribution in my Spending Plan, but it bothers me 😀. Is there a way to adjust a Goal contribution for just one month? Or a workaround that others have found? Thank you!

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @LWrathBudget

I don’t think there is any way to make a change in the monthly savings goal amount for a particular month.  I think you’ll just have to live with not making this months contribution and making up for it latter… unless… you could go ahead and make the contribution to clear it in Simplifi, then do a withdraw from spending goal and choose “Withdraw for another purpose” thus freeing up whatever amount you need to cover your other expense.  You’ll still have to make up for the withdraw latter but at least you won’t have to live with the discomfiting “not contributed”.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @LWrathBudget,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Aside from editing the actual Savings Goal to change the monthly contribution amount as needed each month, I'm not coming up with a way to do this. I think @DannyB offered an excellent suggestion, though!

You can also create an Idea post requesting the ability to edit individual monthly contribution amounts so that other users can vote on it and our Product Team can review it, as I'm not finding an existing one. :smile:

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.