New User Here - Need to see RUNNING BALANCE and enter UPCOMING bills

Options
LBSD
LBSD Member
I've used desktop Quicken forever and decided to try Simplifi, mainly for the App so I can have my books on the go. Although, I may have to switch back unless this can be added...

1. All my Upcoming bills show in Upcoming, but can I add the Upcoming bill to the Transaction list ahead of time, so I know my running balance?

2. Oh, and I need to see the running balance!!!  Seems like a column could be added next to "Amount" in the Transaction Activity page. Relying on the bank balance only is not a good idea, especially when you have upcoming bills on autopay coming out of your account. How will I know how much to transfer, or how much is left in my account once the bills hit? 

If I'm missing something please let me know, since I'm a newbie and still learning this!
Tagged:

Comments

• bbertchie
    bbertchie Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @LBSD
    1 - yes you can add a pending transaction that will show in your account register.  

2 - You can do this - but you do it through the projected cash flow view.  In my opinion, the projected cash flow view is better on a mobile device than the web interface.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome @LBSD to Simplifi!

Being a longtime user of Quicken, you might find this post interesting (click here).

For your two things :
    1. Anything pending will show up as a box here - red arrow.  It will only move to the transaction list - blue arrow - once the date arrives.  Despite it being in the “Upcoming” section, it still impacts the Projects Cash Flow graph at the top of your account register.
    2. By a conscious decision of Simplifi’s developers, Simplifi doesn’t include a “Running Balance” column on the transaction register. (Click here) for a more detailed post about this.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hello @LBSD,

Thanks for posting!

I went ahead and moved this out of Feature Requests since both of your suggestions already have existing Idea posts. @Flopbot shared the request for a running balance column above, and both he and @bbertchie have offered some great suggestions on using the Projected Cash Flow to determine your projected balance for upcoming items.

I'd also suggest checking out the existing Idea post for the ability to display future-dated transactions in the register: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/592/add-ability-to-show-manually-added-planned-transactions-in-activity-transaction-grid#latest

Let us know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie
  • LBSD
    Options
    Thank you all for the tips! I’ll keep using it until my trial expires to see if I can get use to these differences  
This discussion has been closed.