Does Citibank enable customers to download .qfx files? (edited)

athena17
athena17 Member
Does Citibank enable customers to download .qfx files?  If so, that would be a way around this uploading problem which has been unresolved for months.  I have another credit card provided by Elan that does enable .qfx downloads, for any time period you specifiy.  And they import to Quicken very easily

[added link to referenced Alert]

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @athena17, I just logged onto my Citi account to check and yes you can download your data in qfx format. Here is a screenshot of the download file options.

[edited image to reduce size]
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @athena17,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Based on the screenshot that @DannyB provided, it looks like Citi offers a CVS export option, which is most likely the one you'd want to use since Simplifi only imports CSV files and does not import QFX files. Please be sure to take a look at our Support Article here for more details on importing transactions in Simplifi. 

-Coach Natalie
  • athena17
    athena17 Member
    Answer ✓
    Maybe I'm on the wrong forum... I'm importing to Quicken.  And Quicken sent me here. 

There's another thread here about ongoing problems with importing Citibank data to Quicken.  Natalie, you periodically report to the forum that these are still unresolved. 
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    @athena17,

Yea, sounds like your in the wrong forum.  Quicken offers two personal financial software solutions.
    1. Quicken Desktop:  The” traditional”, desktops-based software we all think of when you hear the word Quicken.  Released in 1983 by Intuit and - thankfully - sold off by Intuit in 2016.  I don't know the details of what company technically owns the Quicken brand now, but I just refer to them as Quicken (the company).  Quicken Desktop is based on a 3-year purchase model and their community forum is (click here).

2. Quicken Simplifi:  The "new", cloud-based software that Quicken (the company) released around ?2019?.  This one is essentially web and app based and you don't have to download anything to your computer.  Simplifi uses a yearly subscription model and their community forum is (click here).
    As a current Quicken Desktop user, you might be interested in this post (click here) which details the differences between the two applications and how different ones might be better for different users.  Having used both of them myself, I am a BIG FAN of the relative ease of using Quicken Simplifi compared to Quicken Desktop and would warmly welcome you to check out Simplifi to see if it might be right for you too!  If not, make sure to re-post your original question to the community forum for Quicken Desktop.

Take care.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @athena17,

Yes, it looks like you may be in the wrong forum. As @Flopbot mentioned above, Quicken is a separate product from Simplifi, and they have their own Community. I confirmed from our end that you are currently subscribed to Quicken and not Simplifi, so I'd definitely suggest registering for Quicken's Community and posting any questions you may have regarding the Quicken product there. 

https://community.quicken.com/

Let us know if you have any additional questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Thanks, Danny!  I really appreciate the tip.  Also like your quotation about budgets. =D
  • Thank you Flopbot (you don't seem like a bot!).  I was wondering what Simplifi was... however, though I am using Quicken on the desktop, I do have an annual subscription..... so I'm still a little confused.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @athena17

Ha, Ha...'flopbot' is a reference to the dog Tricky Woo in All Creatures Great & Small.  I'm definitely not a bot!

It could be that Quicken Desktop has changed their subscription model since I stopped using them back in August 2021.  Here's a link to a short intro video that Quicken (the company) did for Simplifi (click here) and here's one for Quicken Desktop (click here).  These may help you visualize what the differences are.

The main difference in my mind is that Quicken Desktop is computer based...you have to physically load it onto your computer, while Simplifi is app/cloud based.  Quicken Desktop does have an app, but - at least as of one year ago - it was pretty much unusable.  Other than that, the biggest difference is that due to it's nearly 40 year head start, Quicken Desktop has lots of functionality that Simplifi simply doesn't have yet; though they're working on it!

When I stopped using Quicken Desktop, I acknowledge that Quicken (the company) was making lots of positive changes; my sincere hope is that they've improved it since then.  Unfortunately, Intuit has dug a pretty deep hole for them to climb back out of.

I gotta say that I have been so incredibly pleased with my decision to switch from Quicken Desktop to Simplifi.  Does that help clear up some confusion?
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.